Copa America Other Matches + Group A

4 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Just mute it.  I rarely watch any match with the commentary on.

The problem with this approach is missing the crowd noise. I remember decades ago, the French CBC commentators were on strike (during the NHL playoffs) so they just showed the game with the full crowd noise, rinkside mics, etc and no commentary - best thing ever, I don't understand why in this digital era, we can't have that as an option -  I would pay extra to get 'less'!

Edited by 74 Whitecap

3 minutes ago, 74 Whitecap said:

The problem with this approach is missing the crowd noise. I remember decades ago, the French CBC commentators were on strike (during the NHL playoffs) so they just showed the game with the full crowd noise, rinkside mics, etc and no commentary - best thing ever, I don't understand why in this digital era, we can't have that as an option -  I would pay extra to get 'less'!

I would much prefer that option, too.

4 minutes ago, 74 Whitecap said:

That is how I experienced the whole of France 98. Had an old school satellite dish and we happened to find the raw live feeds being beamed out of France.  Live feeds of every game with no commentary and just stadium noise.  It was glorious.  

7 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I would much prefer that option, too.

The (few) Premier League games that Amazon had in the UK had multiple commentaries including that option.

Not sure if they still do as there was an row about online comments where people were saying they gratefully avoided certain commentators.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Do refs ever re-group after a half of questionable reffing?  Maybe not...the tone is set...cards will be at a premium, which is ok, as long as it's uniformly applied.  US might test that balance as time goes on, as they are the ones that simply have to.

So far, so good as far as entertainment.  Both teams are certainly engaged.  Viewing experience is improved re camera angles.  And I have no problem not listening to anything any commentator ever days.

P.S.  The other matching starting earlier is utter bullshit.

Edited by eramosat