Copa America Other Matches + Group A

7 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Honestly haven't seen anything from Mexico or Ecuador in this game that would scare me (apart from their unconstrained willingness to foul repeatedly).  I know it sounds like hubris but I think we have a solid shot against whoever comes out of that Group.

Venezuela just scored, so unless Jamaica scores 2 in the 2nd half (they have scored 1 goal in 8.5 Copa matches to date), then it will be Venezuela that we face in the quarters

Playing Venezuela in quarter finals, really couldn't ask for a better rival. Might even open up enough to give us more space and chances.

That guy Alejandro Moreno on ESPN is a former Venezuelan international, and has a lot to say that is quite detailed on the team, I am sure his previews will be useful for us. He won't hide his cards, so I think we can learn about them readily.

A Venezuela match-up in the quarters is about as good a result as Canada might have had.  Let's see if they continue on, maybe show some better football sense, to go along with guts determination and luck they've displayed so far.

Mexico v Ecuador?  Whoever deserves it.  Both squads are ok...I give playing edge to Mexico, although they are the ones that need the result.  Good match to watch.

2 minutes ago, eramosat said:

A Venezuela match-up in the quarters is about as good a result as Canada might have had.  Let's see if they continue on, maybe show some better football sense, to go along with guts determination and luck they've displayed so far.

Mexico v Ecuador?  Whoever deserves it.  Both squads are ok...I give playing edge to Mexico, although they are the ones that need the result.  Good match to watch.

By the way, just curious: what does your forum name mean?

Another little detail: Darwin Machis the Venezuela wing, who Larin played with at Valladolid, has gotten a second yellow, so I think he misses the quarter finals. Is that right? Big loss for them as he is a strong crosser and creates wide play for them. 

He was on loan to Cadiz in La Liga and returns to Valladolid in La Liga this upcoming.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Another little detail: Darwin Machis the Venezuela wing, who Larin played with at Valladolid, has gotten a second yellow, so I think he misses the quarter finals. Is that right? Big loss for them as he is a strong crosser and creates wide play for them. 

He was on loan to Cadiz in La Liga and returns to Valladolid in La Liga this upcoming.

I think all the cards are wiped based on what Spitfire posted earlier.

Edited by Lurker