Copa America Other Matches + Group A

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Obviously it’s going to be tough for US to get a result against Uruguay. But Panama is going to have a difficult game against Bolivia - they’re going to be missing a lot of players. I don’t think it’s a guarantee that they win. 

This could be the group with all teams tied on 4pts

wait… edit… Bolivia isn’t likely to win tonight… what am I thinking?

If they did though… crazy group

Guessing 9-6-3-0 in retrospect (boring although would enjoy the American tears) or maybe 9-3-3-3 and 2nd decided by GD

Edited by shorty

12 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Obviously it’s going to be tough for US to get a result against Uruguay. But Panama is going to have a difficult game against Bolivia - they’re going to be missing a lot of players. I don’t think it’s a guarantee that they win. 

US needs to hope Uruguay runs up the score against Bolivia tonight, so that they take a chill attitude to the game with US, figuring they are already through, so they can rest a little bit. 

22 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

It is for casuals tuning in who don't know what's going on and so the US doesn't look as bad losing to this team.

The sooner you realize US sports coverage is geared towards viewers who don't know the sport the sooner you'll know why they do everything they do. Diehards will watch regardless.

I live in the US and because I am too cheap to get pay channels I watch for free on the Mexican American channels and they do the same.

13 minutes ago, 74 Whitecap said:

The saddest thing for the US is that they are in this sorry state without even yet facing any of the hard-core CONMEBOL nations (Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay) that grind it out with 100% intensity for every ball vs Argentina and Brazil and each other every WCQ qualifying cycle and Copa.

They(fans, less the pundits)  already think they've been massively robbed via reffing and thugging tactics.  So maybe it's for the best that this nationally televised spectacle sees them out at the very first point...

Weird how this mentality adjust with your own squad's results?  You think you got fouled...I got fouled!  And I won despite the non-call!

This is precisely why I was very happy with our last result, and that I would take it to the bank over any protestations of poor individual or team play.  A win is a win, which trumps a heckuva lot, no matter the intentions.  Enjoy it!

8 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I liked our discipline. We got that right. And we never quit fighting despite the heat and extreme thuggery.

But, holy hell, it looks like it'll be just as hot and humid on Saturday!

not so fun to get an idea of the tournament re how air-conditioning favors the favourites.  probably normal though.