Copa America Other Matches + Group A

1 minute ago, narduch said:

So TSN is again only showing Uruguay v Panama on TSN+ today (9pm ET).

But that game is on the main Fox anyways so anyone in Canada with cable can still get it.

USA v Bolivia at 6pm ET will be widely available.

Be interesting to see how a decent Concacaf team will do against probably the third favourites. 

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

I do think the Copa fields will improve before they get worse. The biggest issue I noticed in the Canada game was the seams. Those will become less of a problem as the grass at the seams grows together and is cut. 

As you point out, though, overall they will degrade quickly.

For the Mexico v Jamaica game the little remote yellow toy that delivered the game ball was bouncing all the way to the center spot and apparently conked out on the way back. I guess it was not a ATV.  The obvious seams are not a good look.

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

I wish we could play Bolivia 

Well looking at the South American World Cup qualifying standings right now out of the 10 South American countries in the qualifying process for 2026 Chile is in 8th. Bolivia right behind Chile in 9th. and Peru in dead last in 10th. 

Best match of the tournament for me. Both teams impressed at different stages. Panama overperformed expectations and deserved that goal. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go into the final matchday, with runner up still for grabs between Panama and the US.

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

Imagine if Colombia played in NJ. This crowd is insane

May not be the most popular take but next time this tournament is played in America they should expand to 24 teams. Imagine Colombia v Guatemala or El Salvador. You'd need a 200k seat stadium 

Imagine that but I would love that...expand Copa America to 24 teams...10 teams from CONMEBOL and 14 teams from CONCACAF 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Expand it but keep it rotated. Let’s not ruin another international tournament by having it always in one country. This tournament has immense potential to be the best in the world but will never reach it if they make the USA the hub. 

Yeah expand it to 24 like the Euros and like I said all 10 teams from CONMEBOL and 14 teams from CONCACAF but for the CONCACAF teams they have to qualify for the next or future Copa editions

1 minute ago, Watchmen said:

I'd settle for keeping it at 16, something that is not a guarantee right now.  Some games might draw well in the US and nowhere else, which is why I think moving to 24 is jumping the gun. And yes, it should always be rotated.

A Copa America in Canada or a Copa America in Mexico would do wonders

The anti purist take.. do the expanded tournament every 4 years and always in the US. The stadiums, accessibility and crowds are just too good

You basically have Brazil and Mexico that could host a 24 team tournament. There aren't a lot of options out there. It's either the US or across all of South America