Match Thread: Copa America Group A - Matchday 1 - Argentina v Canada - June 20, 2024 - 8pm local time (ET) / 5pm PT

Jesus. Heart rate falling back down. If we can keep that up for the second half we have a chance of winning this. Certainly didn't look out of place in this game, minus a couple brainfarts. I think we'll have another good chance or two in the second half.

crepeau is sometimes too wild coming out...team almost paid for it twice in the first half...will end up paying with a goal or penalty at some point (not necessarily this game)

We weathered it amazingly well. Exposed a lot of defects of Argentina forcing them into longer balls, which suggests this is a serious tactical analysis in practice. Also pushed them outside. We risked a higher line a bit too much. A lot of the positives of the friendlies are still holding up well, like Davies - Millar, the speed of Bombito. 

Considering we gave the ball away dumbly and squandered quite a few midfield plays, this is an excellent result. 

Just now, Big_M said:

crepeau is sometimes too wild coming out...team almost paid for it twice in the first half...will end up paying with a goal or penalty at some point (not necessarily this game)

I think that turf is slowing down Argentina as they get close to our net. Feel like Alvarez fell victim against that on his shot just before the half. 

Just now, scullion44 said:

Lack of football is hurting Buchanan. I used to sit at the edge of my seat when he got the ball. Now, not so much

Agreed - really unfortunate but it feels like the best outcome when it goes out to Buchanan is to win a throw.