Match Thread: Copa America Group A - Matchday 1 - Argentina v Canada - June 20, 2024 - 8pm local time (ET) / 5pm PT

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Read my mind.

If only they weren't competing with a big day at the EUROs.  But then, COPA has the time zone advantage.  Don't underestimate that.

They're using the big day at the Euros to market the ever-living crap out of this game, so it's less competing and more synergy where TSN is concerned.

19 hours ago, narduch said:

So is this the highest attendance for a game Canada has played in?

No. I don't know if there are other games with more than 71,000 fans attending, but there is this one at Azteca. Warning, you might not want to look at the score, so I'll just add that there were 100,000 fans at this game in 1993 (Gold Cup game).

https://canadasoccer.com/national/matches/national-team-match-past/?matchId=378

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Ughh, my "synergy" is watching all euros all day then going to my sons last night of soccer...wearing my canada gear knowing the CAN/ARG game is happening same time and avoiding the other dads trying to tell me the score.  

It was supposed to be the last practice of the season for my son, but practice was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict :)

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Ughh, my "synergy" is watching all euros all day then going to my sons last night of soccer...wearing my canada gear knowing the CAN/ARG game is happening same time and avoiding the other dads trying to tell me the score.  

I'm on VIA rail when the match starts - I have my doubts the wifi will cooperate 🤫

Edited by Mihairokov

1 minute ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Hows the Canadian turn out in Atlanta overall? Will we have enough to make some noise behind enemy lines tonight?

Apparently from what I hear majority will be blue & white Albiceleste fans in Atlanta 

TVNZ has the rights to Copa in NZ - but they aren't showing it!  They got a whole package of sports broadcast rights when Spark Sport went belly up, so I think they aren't even aware of what it is.

If anyone has a streaming site, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, kacbru said:

TVNZ has the rights to Copa in NZ - but they aren't showing it!  They got a whole package of sports broadcast rights when Spark Sport went belly up, so I think they aren't even aware of what it is.

Streameast.com

19 minutes ago, kacbru said:

https://buffsports.me/soccer/live-argentina-vs-canada should work