France vs Canada - Sunday June 9 - 9:15pm local 3:15 EST; 12:15 Pacific - Bordeaux

1 minute ago, JuicyHam said:

Yeah we genuinely seemed to have a smart patient builld up this half only to be thwarted by tunnel visioned dribbling, bad movement, poor crosses and heavy touches in the final third. Just lacking the quality to actually make chances happen

Yeah well against France you aren't going to get much opportunities 

Great first half after the first 5 minutes.

-Crepeau just seems so much more composed than DSC. Huge early saves

-Buchanen really hasn't done much in either game

-Bombito and Cornelius looled much more comfortable

-Davies has been solid

-Miller has probably had the most control in France's zone

-Kone looks comfortable on the ball

-Larin and David not much. But David is so good defensively

It's not the only reason it all came apart, but Canada were at 0-0 against Netherlands until Marsch starting making subs. I don't blame him really - he needs to see his guys - but it disrupted whatever defensive cohesion there was, even just the first Shaffelburg for Millar sub.

I hope he sticks with the starting XI, with the possible exception of Larin, for a bit longer.

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Not trying to aggressively press much so doing what is probably sensible gainst Argentina. Millar may help defensively but he looks lost when going forward so good to see Davies moving past him.

Against Argentina this is similar quality we are going to have to go up against and we are going to have to press and set the tempo early. Similar to what we are doing now against France.

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Not trying to aggressively press much so doing what is probably sensible gainst Argentina. Millar may help defensively but he looks lost when going forward so good to see Davies moving past him.

True but Millar & Davies are combining well together 

1 minute ago, gator said:

This was quite a good half for us, we settled in well after some shaky moments early on, I think starting the same outfield players is beneficial as they look more comfortable everywhere on the pitch! We have transformed into a 433 at times with Millar joining the attack on either wing, Millar had a bit of a rough start with a couple of wayward passes but has grown into the match and has been supporting well all over the pitch!

And moments of 352 with Millar tucking in, Davies and Buchanan wide.

Really need to watch back to see what exactly Larin is doing.  Never great when you can't pinpoint their role.

Seemed overawed initially but executing the plan a bit now I think. 

I guess - do you keep looking at guys or keep continuity and look for some kind of result.

well, not as entertained by Canada as I was after the first half v. the Dutch.  Maybe because the new-er starters from that game continued to show their quality?  WHo knows.

Anyways.  Seems like an agreement to let Canada test some formations an approaches was agreed to beforehand by the French...they did not press as hard as they could have, so not as much defensive tests for our squad.  Enough testing...but nothing insistent.

I am happy with the left side build-ups and attempts.  Right side has been kinda poor.  Build-up from the back is very timid, very timid.  Rightfully so...maybe..., but something will have to patch this up as time goes on. APart from AJs one successful attempt to take possession at about 41 thru the average coverage, it was a bit timid.  That back-line will need to learn together how to be more creative with the next line of offense to create more.

All in all, pretty happy with the starters results.  Also like the reduction in press.  Particular shout-outs to David for his ability to turn 50/50 into a positive offensive forway, and Eustacio for his smart positioning with and without the ball, as well as his play in close quarters and rejecting the automatic back-passes.

4 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Our wingers have to run at their players in the opposition half. Constantly recycling the ball will not get us a goal.

trying to keep the ball and not concede posession in their half and build something allowing dacvies to get beyond..yes i agree he should go at players more but im sure hes ben told to keep the ball..