France vs Canada - Sunday June 9 - 9:15pm local 3:15 EST; 12:15 Pacific - Bordeaux

A few comments: 1. If Laryea is fully fit he should be in our starting XI 2. I get that Marsch wants David to be more in the center of the team to have more influence on both sides of the ball, but with Larin in a funk where are the goals going to come from? 3. vs Argentina I can see the same set up because we will be defending a lot but vs Chile & Peru, would rather see David up front and Davies closer to goal. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ktf said:

Osorio almost cost them that game twice. Two times he was fed the ball and was too slow to get it. Counter attack both times in the last five minutes. I was watching the second time and was dreading the pass to him. 

This is true unfortunately. The last give away was brutal and gave them an easy attack.  Gonna have to rewatch to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Edited by costarg

Certainly our best performance since the Belgium game. The needless giveaways were cut down on dramatically compared to the Dutch game. We did a great job digging out of holes at times and our central midfield looked a lot more solidified tonight.
Sometimes it’s just match ups and maybe our crew felt better against the French style than the Netherlands but there were times where we really took it to them.

I wish we had one more game between now and Argentina against like a Honduras or something to get one more run with the squad to really round out our game under Marsch 

1 minute ago, Jack1997 said:

I didn’t think I’d ever be saying this but I’m really comfortable with where our CB position is at, Bombi and DC are great and Miller is fine off the bench with LDF up and coming.

I am also encouraged by what we saw these past two games, and with the backup off the bench. Marsch apparently told Bombito that the program is going to invest heavily in him! 

Posted (edited)

Kone's stock went up a mile after today.  He outdueled the Real Madrid midfielder  on a number of occasions and his big engine range really impressed today.  He and his skipper were a solid pairing today, as were the CBs.  

The only guy who looks off the pace is Larin.  There is little dynamism in his play and frankly, not much craft when we really need it.  He killed that great early swift counterattack when his pass got easily blocked and then they went the other way.  He did enough things that pad Opta stats and had some backtracking pressures that led to turnovers,  but there is just a passenger like quality to him that undermines the attack at the moment.  Hate to be negative but that stood out in my game notes... a lot.

Edited by BearcatSA

4 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Not today troll. Come back tomorrow on Monday because everyone hates Monday 

Not a troll check my status  II be been here since  Geoff Aunger was your right midfielder ,  

I can't believe we took points off France, in France. What a fantastic accomplishment.

If someone had said before Thursday that against the Netherlands and France, we wouldn't concede a goal in 3 of those 4 halves, we would have taken that all day long.

I'm really glad we had the chance to build some chemistry and gain some familiarity with our new approach in advance of the Copa.

Just now, Neil R. said:

I can't believe we took points off France, in France. What a fantastic accomplishment.

If someone had said before Thursday that against the Netherlands and France, we wouldn't concede a goal in 3 of those 4 halves, we would have taken that all day long.

I'm really glad we had the chance to build some chemistry and gain some familiarity with our new approach in advance of the Copa.

Yes, you make a great point about building chemistry. It is too easy to forget that our guys have not had a meaningful spell together for quite some time. And, I suspect the changes at the top of the CSA, and bringing on Marsch, are giving the lads some hope and new energy. 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Piette, Osorio are not fits in this system, however Osorio will have his uses against certain teams. I hate to say it’s but one of them needs to be left home for an AA who can play CM or LB. Shame we didn’t get Aidan Morris, because we need more CM depth.

It's a shame we couldn't get a guy like Morris because he fits this system with his range/athleticism and positional awareness, but so be it.  I am somewhat surprised that Choiniere hasn't had more of a look on the field but also, so be it.

As for Ahmed, I have watched him a lot this year, especially most recently, and I feel like he has plateau-ed somewhat, more gameplanned against and less impactful as a result, so I can see why he might have been left off for these matches.

1 hour ago, clamlinguine said:

I couldn't get my freestream going until the second half, we were the better team! Crepeau a star? I didn't see him make a save! lol. Well...one. But I expect he will be the starter because he is our best afaik but still he was a bit slow coming out a few times. Davies was our best player.

Davies? He wasn't even top 5.