France vs Canada - Sunday June 9 - 9:15pm local 3:15 EST; 12:15 Pacific - Bordeaux

1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

You can see the building chemistry between the inverted flank player in Millar and Davies, so I hope there is no sub for Millar yet, like last game.

Agreed, at least give it to the 60 minute mark

1 minute ago, spitfire said:

trying to keep the ball and not concede posession in their half and build something allowing dacvies to get beyond..yes i agree he should go at players more but im sure hes ben told to keep the ball..

I agree but Larin needs to be substituted at half time 

So much better than last game.  No, we didn't create a lot of chances, but we had some play from both wings and the middle.  And, we look much better organized on defense.  

Liam and Davies are starting to understand each other on that left side too.  More interplay, more switches, less "where are you going/what are you doing".

Now when France subs in Mbappe for Giroud some things will change (e.g. our right side will need a lot of help), but for now, very happy with what we've shown.  Nice step up from three days ago.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, eramosat said:

Anyways.  Seems like an agreement to let Canada test some formations an approaches was agreed to beforehand by the French...they did not press as hard as they could have, so not as much defensive tests for our squad.  Enough testing...but nothing insistent.

Partially down to who's out there, Griesmann, Thuram and Giroud are not slow but if you wanted to press that's not the 3 you go with.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 minutes ago, nolando said:

Can we maybe get Liam on the right side for 10 or 15 mins?  Maybe have Tajon sub off Johnston on his yellow and fading.

He was on the right side for portions of that half!