France vs Canada - Sunday June 9 - 9:15pm local 3:15 EST; 12:15 Pacific - Bordeaux

1 minute ago, ECW said:

Seems more like a friendly than the Netherlands match. Otherwise, this approach seems more sustainable for us than the swarming, gegenpressing we kept up for 15 mins or so against the Netherlands. 

It helps that France is playing a lower tempo as well. But I do like how we seem to be pressing a bit more opportunistically. A couple of times we would have forced turnovers against many lower quality opponents

Just now, bwilly11 said:

I hate this shit Tajon and Millar are doing when instead of trying to beat the defender 1v1 with speed they slow slow down to a halt to try and let the back line get organized. It's killing our counter. 

I know, I'm on the couch here. Good half 

Facts.

Tajon has switched it up the last few times.Millar is still doing it.
Just go at them

1 minute ago, 74 Whitecap said:

It helps that France is playing a lower tempo as well. But I do like how we seem to be pressing a bit more opportunistically. A couple of times we would have forced turnovers against many lower quality opponents

France play down to their competition and they obviously underestimate Canada

I don't think we have many guys on the bench who can affect change here. Hopefully he learned a lesson and doesn't take Liam off for Shaff, at least not until min 70 or something, and only if the score dictates it.

I don't see Oso, Junior or Piette or most of the others adding anything we don't already have.

We might need to think of Johnston's yellow.

I only see Ugbo for Larin being sensible at this point.

Probably as good a half as you could reasonably expect. We looked solid defensively - Tajon and Liam are working hard there. Havent threatened offensively but that’s not much of a surprise.

would like to see Tani in for Larin but I’m guessing Ugbo will be the one

2 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

David's our only player who can consistently play in the final 3rd at this level.

Yeah we genuinely seemed to have a smart patient builld up this half only to be thwarted by tunnel visioned dribbling, bad movement, poor crosses and heavy touches in the final third. Just lacking the quality to actually make chances happen

This was quite a good half for us, we settled in well after some shaky moments early on, I think starting the same outfield players is beneficial as they look more comfortable everywhere on the pitch! We have transformed into a 433 at times with Millar joining the attack on either wing, Millar had a bit of a rough start with a couple of wayward passes but has grown into the match and has been supporting well all over the pitch!