Adrián Pacheco

Posted (edited)

Bolivian-Canadian called up to the Canadian CONCACAF U20 Camp in June.

Born in Cochabamba, Bolivia (July 2, 2005) but apparently raised mostly in Canada, and holds dual-citizenship.

Was a U15 Bolivia player and, at 17, played 3 matches for Bolivian top tier side Wilstermann last season. He has started regularly for them this campaign at age 18, primarily as a CAM, scoring once.

Screenshot_20240607_221138_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ae38e14a2c19622319797cc93acaeb6d.jpg

Edited by nolando

11 hours ago, nolando said:

Bolivian-Canadian called up to the Canadian CONCACAF U20 Camp in June.

Born in Cochabamba, Bolivia (July 2, 2005) but apparently raised mostly in Canada, and holds dual-citizenship.

Was a U15 Bolivia player and, at 17, played 3 matches for Bolivian top tier side Wilstermann last season. He has started regularly for them this campaign at age 18, primarily as a CAM, scoring once.

Screenshot_20240607_221138_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ae38e14a2c19622319797cc93acaeb6d.jpg

The interviewer keeps wanting him to be apologetic, or give a good explanation why he's not going with Bolivia, but he holds true. That he grew up in Canada, refers to his mother, that Canada had given him a lot and that he'd always wanted to play for Canada. Does not seem bothered that he may lose club minutes, says the coach seems fine with it. 

Only thing he concedes, when the guy says he'll lose all chance of representing Bolivia, is that you never know, but he says it quickly and does not make excuses.

I like his attitude and he's clearly thrilled by the call-up, he seems very happy to get it.

2 hours ago, costarg said:

That would DM for me.

Although I agree with you in theory, it’s easier to play a double pivot with staq, kone, choiniere, Fraser, piette, Ahmad

vs 

oso, hoillett, David, kone?, Ahmad? As a cam. 
 (Also we have more prospects at dm/“8” vs cam)

but I would rather have a dm for our new system and to help out kone and staq

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

Although I agree with you in theory, it’s easier to play a double pivot with staq, kone, choiniere, Fraser, piette, Ahmad

vs 

oso, hoillett, David, kone?, Ahmad? As a cam. 
 (Also we have more prospects at dm/“8” vs cam)

but I would rather have a dm for our new system and to help out kone and staq

As a DM he just further adds to that pool and honestly I would welcome that 

• 2 months later...