The Netherlands vs Canada - Thursday, June 6th - 2:45pm Eastern / 11:45am Pacific - Rotterdam

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The guy actually said "spewing bile from behind the safety of a keyboard" when he's spent 5 years doing only that on CPL attendance. And never attending a match. 

Then he's upset I refer to Rangers fans fondling women in Barcelona, throwing chairs and drinks, fighting anyone randomly in Plaça Catalunya, and behaving grossly, when I did not read about it: I was there to witness it. He's the one hiding behind a keyboard defending that gross, cowardly fanbase he identifies with. 

Is it a minority? Of course it is. But for almost every other group of fans I've seen in these last twenty years, there is not even a small minority, there is no one causing problems at all. And in Barcelona we get huge contingents, as it happens to be a destination fans want to travel to. The only other incident I recall in recent years was 2023 in the Europa League visit by Manchester United, a group trashed Plaça Reial and shot projectiles at apartments around the square. But the standard tale: the English and some Scottish used to be terrible, the worst, the most racist and sexist and vandalic, and since the early part of this century are much better, to the point of often eliminating hooliganism entirely. 

Kind of ironic for the guy who accuses others of being stupid because they are nationalists sure gets his back up if he thinks Scotland was slighted

7 hours ago, narduch said:

Kind of ironic for the guy who accuses others of being stupid because they are nationalists sure gets his back up if he thinks Scotland was slighted

I was just asking, sincerely, how Scotland fans sort it all out and what's the profile, given the old Firm rivalries. Still no reply.

I imagine a lot of fans of other clubs support Scotland heavily, that the territory and many fan bases are covered well. So the Celtic and Rangers support is diluted and muted when Scotland plays. I have a buddy in Liverpool who's Canadian born Scottish stock as is his wife, and they go to rugby, and support football. But neither has any Scottish club they support.

I love how Ozzie made up a bullshit bit of Rangers lore from the Franco era. Hey buddy, I know people who were political prisoners and were tortured in those years, and many more who've had their heads cracked open by a Spanish police baton. They were still executing political enemies by garrote vil when Franco was dying. The Spanish resisted Franco at a huge cost, but he thinks the Catalans remember Rangers fans in 1972 as heroes, what a douche.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was just asking, sincerely, how Scotland fans sort it all out and what's the profile, given the old Firm rivalries. Still no reply.

I imagine a lot of fans of other clubs support Scotland heavily, that the territory and many fan bases are covered well. So the Celtic and Rangers support is diluted and muted when Scotland plays. I have a buddy in Liverpool who's Canadian born Scottish stock as is his wife, and they go to rugby, and support football. But neither has any Scottish club they support.

I love how Ozzie made up a bullshit bit of Rangers lore from the Franco era. Hey buddy, I know people who were political prisoners and were tortured in those years, and many more who've had their heads cracked open by a Spanish police baton. They were still executing political enemies by garrote vil when Franco was dying. The Spanish resisted Franco at a huge cost, but he thinks the Catalans remember Rangers fans in 1972 as heroes, what a douche.

ya big time douche

22 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Usually don't see the guy you responded to's posts because I have him on ignore, but unsurprisingly it's the usual case of spewing bile from behind the safety of a keyboard that he wouldn't have the intestinal fortitude to say in real life if there were any Millwall fans about. "Church mouses" is up there with this guy though:

This bit of comedy (what the weirdo wrote, not the clip) truly made my day! 😄 

For the record, dipshit, I lived in London for several years. I worked with several Millwall season ticket-holders and have been to their training ground several times to referee academy matches. It didn't take much intestinal fortitude to laugh directly at them about the state of some of their supporters. By the way, everyone associated with that club that I've ever met, bar a pathetic segment of their supporters, are actually quite lovely. Unfortunately, the idiots that you seem to be so in thrall with are a constant embarrassment that undermines all the good things that the club does.

Now this bizarre sequence of posts seems to have concluded all I'll add is that all anyone from the UK originally who is being baited about "football hooliganism" by small minded nativist types in a Canadian context really needs to point out is that the sort of people who wind up being "top boys" in a group of casuals that has latched onto a football club in a UK context are the same sort of people who wind up in biker gangs in a North American context.

I'm > 90% certain I had a fairly lengthy conversation with Wayne Kellestine in a bar in London, Ont one time and he very much reminded me of the sort of people that wind up being on a Danny Dyer documentary in a UK context. Every society produces a certain percentage of people like that and ultimately it has diddlysquat to do with the mainstream culture of our sport just as the 1% types are not in any way reflective of everyone who has an interest in motorcycles. 

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Now this bizarre sequence of posts seems to have concluded all I'll add is that all anyone from the UK originally who is being baited about "football hooliganism" by small minded nativist types in a Canadian context really needs to point out is that the sort of people who wind up being "top boys" in a group of casuals that has latched onto a football club in a UK context are the same sort of people who wind up in biker gangs in a North American context.

I'm > 90% certain I had a fairly lengthy conversation with Wayne Kellestine in a bar in London, Ont one time and he very much reminded me of the sort of people that wind up being on a Danny Dyer documentary in a UK context. Every society produces a certain percentage of people like that and ultimately it has diddlysquat to do with the mainstream culture of our sport just as the 1% types are not in any way reflective of everyone who has an interest in motorcycles. 

You're still blathering from behind a computer screen about angels dancing on the head of a pin. There are some of us who've seen it with our own eyes. I've been to dozens pushing a hundred European matches with thousands of away fans and also live in the centre of a city that draws huge away contingents from every country that can qualify a team. It's not hard to compare their behaviour. 

Hey, those of us at the France game had food thrown at us from the tier above, fries with mayo, nearly hit us. But I also saw noone was at all aggressive personally in the stadium, on the way, from. Only they whistled us silent when we chanted and were irritated by our meagre noisemaking. So its all relative as you say, but if you experience things personally, you can offer an accurate opinion. And you don't experience a thing personally anymore and rely on phantoms humming in some remote love of your brain.

• 2 weeks later...