The Netherlands vs Canada - Thursday, June 6th - 2:45pm Eastern / 11:45am Pacific - Rotterdam

I get the Dutch are good, and I think they were underrated by us before this match, but this is tough to watch. Once they realized how to pass around our little press we've done nothing of note. First match, against great opposition, so it's hard to expect much -- but my concerns re Marsch are not being abated at all. Pretty naive stuff.

Just now, SpursFlu said:

We lack depth at this level. Luckily in competition we won't make changes for the sake of changes

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, our quality on the pitch is getting worse every sub we make whereas there is no drop off for the Dutch.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Dutch are classes above us, we shouldn’t be surprised or hard on our guys

True

I hope that we have different tactics. Im not hard on Marsch yet either.

But I don't want us to be so naive. 

Edited by Vasi

2 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I get the Dutch are good, and I think they were underrated by us before this match, but this is tough to watch. Once they realized how to pass around our little press we've done nothing of note. First match, against great opposition, so it's hard to expect much -- but my concerns re Marsch are not being abated at all. Pretty naive stuff.

I agree that a pressing Canada is counter to their best tendencies.

3 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Thank you. I agree with this all.

I'm not convinced on this formation, nor the system.

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

It’s the first game and there are some positives to take away from Marsch coaching.  But his game management I feel has been poor.

That only depends on what you wanted to get out of this game.  If the goal is to see as many players as possible in game situations, his game management is not the worst.