The Netherlands vs Canada - Thursday, June 6th - 2:45pm Eastern / 11:45am Pacific - Rotterdam

Just now, jonovision said:

Hiebert would get beaten like a rented mule.

Johnston and Bombito are struggling, but Buchanan really needs to help more on that side.

You’re not wrong, I just don’t think Bombito can be effective with a yellow. Marsch likes Hiebert, so I guess he makes an app, but if it’s Miller or whoever, that’s fine with me. Probably not a bad game to give LDF some run if we come out flat and give up the game. 

Posted (edited)

What a fun half. Got severely bullied as the Game went on and we are hanging by a thread a little. Still, Larin should have finished and we could be winning!

AJ and Bombito being ripped to shreds. Great experience for them to hopefully learn from, Bombito especially.

Dayne has been immense.

Edited by toontownman

Not a bad half, we started well and had the late Latin chance but the Dutch have grabbed control here, some good last ditch challenges and balls off the line but we are a little too careless with the ball at times for my liking! Scoreless with The Netherlands on their pitch at the half, I'll take it!

6 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Brobby is just bullying Bombito

That 

Some of you said his position is defensive midfielder,  it showed iñok the one on one ,  sluggish player.  Koné cant hold midfield,  could roam the box ,   the game is asking for some leadership 

I say Piette for Buchanan and David on the right 

Encouraging half. Lots to be happy with; lots yet to do. But for a squad that has not played much the past several months, this was encouraging. Bombito is not nearly as poor as several of you are making him out to be. Yup, he's got plenty to learn, but this is the first time he's played a side of this quality, by a long shot.

I'll call this a successful game if we can maintain composure and shape for the second half, and do a bit better in terms of finding that key pass once we retrieve the ball.  I see a real identity emerging. Early days, but some positive signs against a very good side. I feel we've got a goal in us today.

Posted (edited)

really really happy to be even at the half, but fair score should be 1-1,

or 1-2?

(larin - free header + breakaway)

or 1-3?

(larin - free header + cornellius + breakway)

Edited by kungfucious