Bordeaux pre-game June 9: Charles Dickens Pub, Pl de la Bourse

Posted (edited)

Meetup Pregame: Charles Dickens: 9 Quai de la Douane

All welcome. They open at 3pm, it seems, and close at 11:30. 

If there is overflow, Wall Street beside it. Wall St is open until 1:45 am if anyone is interested in post-game.

As @cornerkickhas posted both are near the Place de la Bourse tramline stop, Line C, stadium and back.

Match 21:15

Stade Matmut Atlantique (this is in the north of the city in an exhibitions ground)

Transportation: Tramway Line C Pink; Stop: Parc des Expositions

https://www.infotbm.com/fr/horaires/recherche/61/route%3ATBT%3A61

Line C PINK goes through the centre of Bordeaux and then splits going north, make sure you take the east or Parc des Expositions variant.

Some say the tram is not fast to the stadium, and anticipating security, leave no later than 7pm.

Security: Be aware that given recent precedents, and with European elections being held on 9 June, there could be extra security in the stadium and throughout the city. Be early and be patient.

The suggestion is near the Place de la Bourse tramway stop, just off the historical walking centre, closer to most hotels.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I'm good with any place that is accessible via transit.  It'll be my first time in Bordeaux.

The transit authority, TBM, has an app that you can purchase tickets and passes from.  They have a 24-72 hour unlimited pass which looks like a good option if you are there for a few days.

The one thing I'm wondering about is transit options after the game.  It could be over around 23:00?  There's going to be a large crowd, so there will probably be extra teams, busses, etc going back to the city centre?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, cornerkick said:

I'm good with any place that is accessible via transit.  It'll be my first time in Bordeaux.

The transit authority, TBM, has an app that you can purchase tickets and passes from.  They have a 24-72 hour unlimited pass which looks like a good option if you are there for a few days.

The one thing I'm wondering about is transit options after the game.  It could be over around 23:00?  There's going to be a large crowd, so there will probably be extra teams, busses, etc going back to the city centre?

Thanks for the tip on the transit pass, makes sense for to and from airport as well. Are you flying in? I am. The A (Purple) line of the tram goes from airport to the centre. 

Regarding transit, I was looking at that and saw there are infrequent trams on that line Sundays late. But you would think they'd do as you say, add extra service on a game day. If I get a chance I'll ask. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks for the tip on the transit pass, makes sense for to and from airport as well. Are you flying in? I am. The A (Purple) line of the tram goes from airport to the centre. 

Regarding transit, I was looking at that and saw there are infrequent trams on that line Sundays late. But you would think they'd do as you say, add extra service on a game day. If I get a chance I'll ask. 

I'm catching the Rotterdam game first, and will be taking the train to Bordeaux afterwards.  Yeah, let's hope there's some additional transit after the game.

Looking forward to the game and meeting everyone who attends.  I'll be checking the forum, and can do whatsapp also, but I don't have facebook.  Bought an eSim but looks like I need to be in Europe first to get it activated.

5 hours ago, cornerkick said:

I'm catching the Rotterdam game first, and will be taking the train to Bordeaux afterwards.  Yeah, let's hope there's some additional transit after the game.

Looking forward to the game and meeting everyone who attends.  I'll be checking the forum, and can do whatsapp also, but I don't have facebook.  Bought an eSim but looks like I need to be in Europe first to get it activated.

I think we'll tentatively say Place du Parlement, it is a nice large square with many bars and restaurants and big terraces in the old quarter, near the tramline.

And as soon as someone plants a flag there or nearby, that's our base and we'll inform everyone.

Posted (edited)

If there are already plans on Facebook, please update the thread.

In the meantime, at Place de la Bourse, there are two pubs called “Wall St” and “Charles Dickens”.  Both are right next to each other if one doesn’t work out.  Large patios, easy to find, and I assume are sport friendly.  All the outdoor seating are those round bistro tables you see at most dining establishments, so might have to huddle a bunch together.

Based purely off the website, Charles Dickens may be more accommodating.

thewallstreetpub-bordeaux.fr
7 Quai de la Douane

charlesdickenspub.fr
9 Quai de la Douane

It’s easy to get the tram to the stadium from these spots.

Edited by cornerkick

• Unnamed Trialist changed the title to Bordeaux pre-game June 9: Charles Dickens Pub, Pl de la Bourse

Based off our experience in Netherlands, in which the stadium was located in a much more accessible area, we’ll want to leave the pub early. There’s a good chance the trams will be full by the time they get to Place de La Bourse if we wait too long. The stadium does sell beer fyi.

Does anyone know if we can bring big flags in? I had no trouble in Netherlands but you never know. 

1 hour ago, cornerkick said:

Just saw a sign at a tram stop.  There will be shuttle busses to the stadium from 18:15 onward for the game.  The busses are at the La Cité du Vin stop, which can be accessed by tram B.  

The tram C takes 30 minutes from Bourse they say on the web. But you checked and it seemed longer?

Just want to be most convenient for most....

• JamboAl unpinned this topic