Match Thread: June 2, 2024 - Valour v Vancouver FC

Posted (edited)

I went with my 7 year old who already has to stay up a couple times this week for playing. Might have stayed if they had stuck to the “update in 40 minutes” but after an hour I gave up and left. I imagine a lot of people did similar. 

Not a Valour logo to be seen in the stadium this year if anyone was wondering if WFC cares this year. 

Edited by Wippersuna

18 minutes ago, Wippersuna said:

I went with my 7 year old who already has to stay up a couple times this week for playing. Might have stayed if they had stuck to the “update in 40 minutes” but after an hour I gave up and left. I imagine a lot of people did similar. 

Not a Valour logo to be seen in the stadium this year if anyone was wondering if WFC cares this year. 

On 40 minutes thing, I agree it's unfortunate, but any update at that point would simply have been "nothing new to report, wait to hear back in another X minutes".

I also noticed the lack of Valour signage as well. I don't think it matters on its face, but it's not a good sign of commitment. What was a good sign was the huge number of youth teams in attendance. Is the team actually marketing this season?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jonovision said:

On 40 minutes thing, I agree it's unfortunate, but any update at that point would simply have been "nothing new to report, wait to hear back in another X minutes".

I also noticed the lack of Valour signage as well. I don't think it matters on its face, but it's not a good sign of commitment. What was a good sign was the huge number of youth teams in attendance. Is the team actually marketing this season?

Oh I agree and I readily acknowledge that there wasn’t much they could do but then… don’t put out you’ll have an update in 40 minutes.

Crowd seemed well over 4000 based on how full rows 11+ were.

Edited by Wippersuna

not a great cb duo out there for vancouver...valour is good at losing lead and vancouver is good at making comebacks so we'll see...alarcon goes down holding the bandaged leg...

11 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Swibel has proved me wrong so far this year.

He doesn't have world-beating technique or athleticism, but does seems to possess a finisher's instincts and composure. That might be good enough at this level.

12 minutes ago, Wippersuna said:

Turns out Jonovision, myself, and our respective children were the problem all these years.

The kids I accompanied today are not Valour regulars, but I'll happily take the blame.

Swibel must already be a top 10 all time Valour scorer. Perhaps even higher.