Match Thread: June 1, 2024 - Pacific v Cavalry

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Vales?!

Development contract.

Pacific's other Dev contract player, Sami Keshavarz, saw a couple of minutes at the end of the game

btw... how many of these development contacts have grown into a pro contract?

Edited by K Edgar

13 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Development contract.

Pacific's other Dev contract player, Sami Keshavarz, saw a couple of minutes at the end of the game

btw... how many of these development contacts have grown into a pro contract?

I'm not aware of any that have turned into pro contracts.  From a couple of coaches I know in the league, they give these out as a marketing initiative.  Good experience for the kids who do get the chance, since they are able to keep playing with their youth teams.  Much better than the young kids that sign full contracts and barely play - they're just rotting at a critical age and are putting self-promotion ahead of true development.

In the last two games Pacific have given up three goals all being caught playing out from the back, midfielders trying to beat some one or getting caught taking to many touches, they need to play forward instead of sideways and backwards so much, they are two slow going forward. need to change it up at times 

15 minutes ago, zaltan said:

In the last two games Pacific have given up three goals all being caught playing out from the back, midfielders trying to beat some one or getting caught taking to many touches, they need to play forward instead of sideways and backwards so much, they are two slow going forward. need to change it up at times 

I think we're really missing Ndom playing out of the back. He spread the field well and could negate the press. We've also been missing Moore as a target man up top. We also relied so much on Aparicio in previous years

Zanatta and Heard did a good job when the ball is played into them but Pacific rarely play forward quickly never stretch the pitch you have both Heard and Zanatta who love to run the channels, the left sided CB for Calgary is not quick of foot and I do not remember playing into the channel on his side, Pacific allow teams to get set up defensively and try to pass it into the goal, their goal on Sat was off a turn over that was quickly played wide and first time cross and great header, Pacific is very slow in transition