Match Thread: June 1, 2024 - Forge v York United

Posted (edited)

@gator Saw Rama at the game ….maybe coming back ?  You seem to have the inside scoop 😀😍

That said the quality difference between the clubs is stark

Some nice goals today and even West Ham lad who we sat near us was impressed !!!

Edited by Markoaleks

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Had to step away for a few minutes and missed both goals but not too surprising the Forge broke the deadlock. There was no way York were going to be able to keep the high tempo they started with and keep forcing so many difficult high risk passes. Guess that's what the Mexican owners want now rather than Martin Nash tactics.

Too bad Mo Babouli isn't around. Would be interesting to see how he would react to the corner flags when taking corners.

Does Nigel Reed really not know it is the QEW that links Toronto and Hamilron? He has lived in Canada for about 20 years.

I think no showing was his reaction 

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Enough there for me.  Yellow for simulation instead.

That's the way she goes...

Being there, I thought it was a pen but have not seen a replay. One of the worst games I've seen York play. They are a different team when Babouli is on the pitch. 

4 hours ago, Big_M said:

why not? if they had to schedule around other events it would never end...

huge mistake by vincensini and bekker makes it 1-0 29'

I think there are certain events you should schedule around...the champions league final, euro final, world cup final, etc. 

3 hours ago, Markoaleks said:

@gator Saw Rama at the game ….maybe coming back ?  You seem to have the inside scoop 😀😍

That said the quality difference between the clubs is stark

Some nice goals today and even West Ham lad who we sat near us was impressed !!!

Haven't heard anything about that and wonder if he plays a position of need at this point, a healthy striker would be top of my list, of course if I do hear I will post it here as always! Forge played an entertaining game today, it was a great day to be in the sun at THF and after 3 CPL matches without a win this was well needed!