Women's Voyageur Cup in the future?

With the formation of the Northern Super League and four L1.s so far across the country, could we see a women's VCup, makes sense on paper at least. You would have 10 teams in it to start, the 6 NSL teams and the four L1 Champions across the country, it could go as more teams and league's are formed. think for this one, single knock out would make most sense, guess that could be discussed? Just an idea that crossed my mind. 

Posted (edited)

I did pose this question a few weeks ago in the Women's sub forum.

From 2004-2006 the Voyageurs did give out 2 Cups (East and West) for Canadian USL W-League teams.

I don't know if they had trophies and if they still exist?

Also this summer the inaugural Women's CCC is happening. The spot was given to the League 1 Canada winner (Whitecaps women).

Would be great to set up the Cup for next year to determine the 2025 rep.

Edited by narduch

On 5/31/2024 at 6:46 PM, narduch said:

I did pose this question a few weeks ago in the Women's sub forum.

From 2004-2006 the Voyageurs did give out 2 Cups (East and West) for Canadian USL W-League teams.

I don't know if they had trophies and if they still exist?

Also this summer the inaugural Women's CCC is happening. The spot was given to the League 1 Canada winner (Whitecaps women).

Would be great to set up the Cup for next year to determine the 2025 rep.

Well you could do this, 10 team single elimination bracket. Think the first round would be the four L1 winners, BC vs. Alberta and Ontario vs. Quebec. The two winners would then join the 6 NSL teams in the QF. One thing is one of the four NSL teams in the east would have to be drawn to go over to the west side of the bracket.