Friendly Roster, Netherlands (6/6) and France (9/6)

9 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Waterman, Russell Rose and Sirois are really hard done by here.

Ahmed is even more shocking.  Waterman and Sirois have not shown enough the past 3 months.  They've had some really bad games.  Brym over JRR is the real shock.

Thrilled about Laryea.

11 minutes ago, Namaste said:

I can understand if the rationale behind omitting JRR and Tani is to keep them with their MLS teams so they can solidify their starting roles.

And Tani's team plays a game during the international break.

Hard to know what to make of this squad.....Sirois left off for McGill....presumably to let him continue with his MLS games....but what about Ahmed.....same boat?

JRR possibly the same boat also, maybe even Tani. Don't need both if you want to bring Ugbo and Bair, and being in Europe maybe they were preferred. Ditto Brym. 

Glad LDF is there and Heibert is interesting given Marsch's comments about him before. He's seemingly being chosen ahead of Kennedy, which may be somewhat controversial. On the otherhand, good for Heibert to come back into the national team, we don't want guys out of the picture for too long. 

Speaking of which, no Theo again. That's a disappointment for me. Happy for Hoilett and Zator, though. 

13 minutes ago, phresh said:

with McGill. Really I don’t understand how a 24 year old playing reserves deserves a national team call, it’s a slap in the face to more deserving goalkeepers

Or a wake up call to the guys competing for the spot.  I'm totally fine for holding guys accountable for poor starts to seasons and not playing well enough.  It's enough with the automatic call ups based on the past.  We have enough depth to go purely on merit.  I'm soo done with the brotherhood bullshit.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

i really doubt they will add or change players for the copa.i rather have victoria than a herbert or a zator

you haven't been following Vitoria in calendar year 2024 have you. 

He's played a total of 13 minutes across the last 10 matches. 

Edited by king1010

2 minutes ago, gator said:

MLS Canada manager playing nice with MLS clubs perhaps? Some of the choices may be in fact related to location and I am ok with that for friendlies in Europe, disappointed no new dual nationals have been announced as well! 

But these are not just any friendlies. The opportunity to play the Netherlands & France is not something that may happen for a long time. We should have taken our strongest squad. A loss to those 2 teams is expected, but we have to be competitive and play well as it will influence the future ability for other games vs nations that are willing to pay all expenses. This is the only opportunity for Marsch to see players train/play under him before the Copa squad is picked. 

13 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Disappointed that Rowe & Ahmed are not included.  It's an MLS lite squad  :)   

When the new Arby’s-MLS-Amazon Men’s National Team Coach sponsorship was announced I think we were worried about squads being MLS heavy and favouritism materializing that way.  It turns out the tactic may be a bit different (potentially depending on circumstances) and that the approach may be to leave out guys playing key roles for their club such as JRR, Sirois, Waterman, and Ahmed.  I know that isn’t universally the case but when you look at the impact (sorry…) on a CF Montreal team that is already losing Piette and Choiniere, it could definitely influence the non-selection of Sirois and Waterman.   

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

But these are not just any friendlies. The opportunity to play the Netherlands & France is not something that may happen for a long time. We should have taken our strongest squad. A loss to those 2 teams is expected, but we have to be competitive and play well as it will influence the future ability for other games vs nations that are willing to pay all expenses. This is the only opportunity for Marsch to see players train/play under him before the Copa squad is picked. 

This looks like the Copa squad to me.   New coach needs to do a lot of work getting guys familiar with his system.   Can’t see him adding/deleting anyone just before a match v Argentina…