Friendly Roster, Netherlands (6/6) and France (9/6)

8 hours ago, blueseeka said:

We will finally have something new to talk about tomorrow.  With the MLS playing through during games, it will be interesting to see if we get all of the MLS players

There are just 8 MLS teams playing through that window, including teams with Canadians, Minnesota hosts Dallas and St. Louis hosts Timbers. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There are just 8 MLS teams playing through that window, including teams with Canadians, Minnesota hosts Dallas and St. Louis hosts Timbers. 

But they aren't breaking for Copa America. At all. MLS is running a full schedule during Copa. Including some mid-weeks.

This actually has me wondering if MLS will even break for the World Cup.

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

But they aren't breaking for Copa America. At all. MLS is running a full schedule during Copa. Including some mid-weeks.

Imagine the road trips for TFC and the Whitecaps (not sure if any of the American stadiums are used by MLS teams) since I think they aren't supposed to use the stadiums for like a month before the tournament or something. So that'd be a month and a half or maybe 2 months without home games.

Getting off topic though. Do we know what time the rosters are set to be announced?

45 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't care about Copa America, all I care about are the friendlies ;)

You are right, I saw that. It is really terrible imo, I think they are even playing on opening day, or the day before. I mean, at least take the days of the first week of group stage off, for example.

Picking up on the Judge Judy gif above, "MLS, you're a moron!"

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't care about Copa America, all I care about are the friendlies ;)

You are right, I saw that. It is really terrible imo, I think they are even playing on opening day, or the day before. I mean, at least take the days of the first week of group stage off, for example.

Picking up on the Judge Judy gif above, "MLS, you're a moron!"

I get that.  But if we are talking about MLS managers pressuring players to skip the friendlies, we are basically saying that they are being pressured to skip Copa America too. That's why I think its relevant.

It's also why I think the players would tell their managers to fuck off.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, narduch said:

I get that.  But if we are talking about MLS managers pressuring players to skip the friendlies, we are basically saying that they are being pressured to skip Copa America too. That's why I think its relevant.

This. With a new boss, it's very unlikely other than injury related, that an MLS player who is not in the squad for the 2 friendlies gets selected for Copa.

Edited by Kadenge

54 minutes ago, narduch said:

They are both international windows, so the clubs are obliged to free up any player called for an international match, friendly or official. So for those 4 cases, 4 matches on the 8th, it is teams saying we don't care about the international window.

But overall, it's the league deciding to play through them. 

Then, I think when they schedule, for those games on June 8 think it is, those are club decisions I believe. I am not sure if it is host teams or both teams, but I think clubs can request to opt out or in of international windows. 

What would be the biggest loss of Canadian players for MLS teams? I think Minnesota and Timbers losing their starting keepers.

30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

But how could they possibly expect Chicago to win the World Cup if they break?

That was the amazing question posed by a Chicago reporter to Schweinsteiger when he was being presented, good one. One of the highest cringe moments in MLS history.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPNFC/videos/when-a-reporter-asked-bastian-schweinsteiger-if-chicago-fire-could-win-the-world/511079743189095/