Jesse Marsch: CanMNT manager

3 hours ago, frattinator said:

Marsch was on Men in Blazers for an interview earlier today. Some interesting tidbits about training for PK during Copa and his expectations for this upcoming window.

The man is just making the podcast rounds today. Here he is back on Call It What You Want with Jimmy Conrad, Charlie Davis, and Tony Meola. 

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

No, why should I?

To make sure you don't share something that was already shared. I almost did it myself.

All good though, really no big deal. Just means it's an extra link to watch the content.

Appreciate you for often being the one to post content, specifically from you tube.

Can we give him the Canadian citizenship already... 

"Every day I feel more Canadian, man!"

"I’m probably just going to sing the Canadian national anthem."

"There are a lot of things about being Canadian that resonate with me... I’m trying to do them proud. I’m trying, in all ways, to represent the national team and what a national team coach should be. And I’m loving it!"

"The way people treat me here, welcome me here, they really brought me in to be one of their own..."

2 hours ago, ahmedou said:

Can we give him the Canadian citizenship already... 

"Every day I feel more Canadian, man!"

"I’m probably just going to sing the Canadian national anthem."

"There are a lot of things about being Canadian that resonate with me... I’m trying to do them proud. I’m trying, in all ways, to represent the national team and what a national team coach should be. And I’m loving it!"

"The way people treat me here, welcome me here, they really brought me in to be one of their own..."

Yeah, right! Let him spend an entire winter here and we'll see how Canadian he'll feel.

27 minutes ago, Kent said:

He's from Wisconsin, played in Chicago, managed in Montreal, Salzburg, and Leipzig. I think he's experienced winter before.

You want to compare Salzburg and Leipzig's winters to Canadian winters? His stay in Montreal was never long enough to take in the whole year. He started in March 2012 and left in Nov of that year. Maybe every blue moon Wisconsin and Chicago may be as bad as Canada

46 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

You want to compare Salzburg and Leipzig's winters to Canadian winters? His stay in Montreal was never long enough to take in the whole year. He started in March 2012 and left in Nov of that year. Maybe every blue moon Wisconsin and Chicago may be as bad as Canada

Do we know where he is staying in Canada? If he's based in Toronto, here is climate data for Toronto.

image.png.7cf3001d00afa919e3d984f8eeccf58a.png

And here is the climate data for Racine Wisconsin, where he was born and raised.

image.png.d2da82954868116a475ce3ebc270cb41.png

Mean daily maximum, daily mean, mean daily minimum, all lower in his town than Toronto in December, January, February, and March.

P.S. In case someone misreads, the Toronto chart has Celsius first and Fahrenheit in brackets. The Racine chart is the opposite.

Edited by Kent

2 hours ago, Kent said:

He's from Wisconsin, played in Chicago, managed in Montreal, Salzburg, and Leipzig. I think he's experienced winter before.

If he’s from Wisconsin, he’s basically Canadian. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Vermont north of like Green Mountain, Northern + Central Maine, if you’re from any of those states, you’re a Canadian who had the misfortune of being born on the wrong side of the border. 

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Never been to Salzburg, but I spent new years in Vienna in 2022 and had a wonderful New Year’s Day brunch outside on a terrace in a hoodie. -5 to Austrians is frigid.

Chicago/parts of Wisconsin have the lake effect and the Midwest always has funky temperature in the winter. Whenever the winter temps get really crazy up here and they start showing what it’s like elsewhere on the continent, it’s really only places in the Midwest that have us beat. Have definitely seen it go down to the -40s in Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa before. Unless Marsch is basing himself in Montreal or like Edmonton, I think he’ll experience a pretty mild climate. 

8 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Keep digging

20 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

...it’s really only places in the Midwest that have us beat. Have definitely seen it go down to the -40s in Wisconsin/Minnesota/Iowa ...

Coldest I ever felt was (with wind chill) -70°F (-56°C) in Missouri.  It can get absolutely dangerous to be outside in the Midwest.