Jesse Marsch: CanMNT manager

30 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

true it is , to me most concernining is not really creating a lot of chances  

We had chances, Tajon shot it right at the keeper, Eustaquio when the ball cam to him at the top of the box, Tanis goal.  They made some good saves tonight.  But what worries me is that we didnt get a good look at all from any of the bazillion corners.  I was hoping marsch would fix that ASAP.  

Marsch gets a good grade from me again....starting SHaff looks a little funny though, imagine him coming on at the 70min mark tonight fresh legs and froathing at the mouth. Tajon deserved to sit a game (he was rusty) but should be back in starting lineup.  Sitting Kone for Oso was brilliant, needed someone calm, composed etc...he solidified the midfield.  No run out for Bair again is getting a little fishy.  

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

We need to extend Marsch honestly especially after this Copa America...this is the man I want leading us as our manager into the 2026 FIFA World Cup as hosts in our backyard here in Canada. Great with our players and great with our staff. You see how he is with our media. But he gives us that belief.

Extend to or past thr 26 WC? 

His contract lasts till the end of the 26WC. 

So far he has done a great job. 

He has installed a good defensive strategy.. Now its time to build up offensive principles. He has been in charge for 5 games, and managed to get us to the Copa QF. 

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

But what worries me is that we didnt get a good look at all from any of the bazillion corners.  I was hoping marsch would fix that ASAP.  

We haven't even come close to threatening and it's disappointing. My hope is that it simply requires more time, and that Marsch is in fact fixing it ASAP. 

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

We had chances, Tajon shot it right at the keeper, Eustaquio when the ball cam to him at the top of the box, Tanis goal.  They made some good saves tonight.  But what worries me is that we didnt get a good look at all from any of the bazillion corners.  I was hoping marsch would fix that ASAP.  

Marsch gets a good grade from me again....starting SHaff looks a little funny though, imagine him coming on at the 70min mark tonight fresh legs and froathing at the mouth. Tajon deserved to sit a game (he was rusty) but should be back in starting lineup.  Sitting Kone for Oso was brilliant, needed someone calm, composed etc...he solidified the midfield.  No run out for Bair again is getting a little fishy.  

None of our starting players are regular set piece takers with their club.  Eustaquio was getting some but hasn't played much at all recently.  Davies works on it, you can see that from training in club and country but has got barely a sniff in games with Bayern, even at the end this last season when nothing mattered. 

I have seen good things from Choinière but obviously the priority is what other players bring for the rest of the game. 

13 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

None of our starting players are regular set piece takers with their club.  Eustaquio was getting some but hasn't played much at all recently.  Davies works on it, you can see that from training in club and country but has got barely a sniff in games with Bayern, even at the end this last season when nothing mattered. 

I have seen good things from Choinière but obviously the priority is what other players bring for the rest of the game. 

Choinière was my thought too with perhaps Corbeanu when he rejoins. I haven't understood why the don't attempt short corners, when their long ones suck

13 hours ago, Bison44 said:

For chances, also the David mini break/non pk. 

I don’t think no Bair is fishy. He’s just 5th option and Tani is the clear option off the bench for Larin. 

3 hours ago, Vasi said:

Extend to or past thr 26 WC? 

His contract lasts till the end of the 26WC. 

So far he has done a great job. 

He has installed a good defensive strategy.. Now its time to build up offensive principles. He has been in charge for 5 games, and managed to get us to the Copa QF. 

Extend him past WC26 at this point. He's earned it.

5 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Choinière was my thought too with perhaps Corbeanu when he rejoins. I haven't understood why the don't attempt short corners, when their long ones suck

For a few years, we did nothing but short corners.  No result.  Now we almost exclusively do long corners.  No result.  Anyone remember when we last scored from a corner?  What about a freekick?

1 minute ago, kacbru said:

For a few years, we did nothing but short corners.  No result.  Now we almost exclusively do long corners.  No result.  Anyone remember when we last scored from a corner?  What about a freekick?

Kone against Jamaica was on a corner no? If I'm wrong then it would be Larin's second goal against Mexico (from Staq's free kick)

5 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Extend him past WC26 at this point. He's earned it.

What makes you think he would want to?

Keep in mind that all managers have a shelf life. From a career perspective, he's coming to Canada at exactly the right time: with the Copa and 2 high profile friendlies immediately. I would suspect we'll end up with a few more high profile friendlies over the next few years, there's a Gold Cup we can push to win, and then the World Cup we're co-hosting.

But after that, what's he facing? Much as I think it's been a success, there's no guarantee there's another joint-Copa and it would be 4 more years until the next WC. I don't see him wanting to wait that long for the next big challenge and he isn't Heardman; he's got club management experience and he'll likely he in demand again after the 26 WC.

No, this is a 2 year run with him. It's starting off really well. Hopefully that continues and we all get a lot of great memories. But start the succession planning now. 

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

What makes you think he would want to?

Keep in mind that all managers have a shelf life. From a career perspective, he's coming to Canada at exactly the right time: with the Copa and 2 high profile friendlies immediately. I would suspect we'll end up with a few more high profile friendlies over the next few years, there's a Gold Cup we can push to win, and then the World Cup we're co-hosting.

But after that, what's he facing? Much as I think it's been a success, there's no guarantee there's another joint-Copa and it would be 4 more years until the next WC. I don't see him wanting to wait that long for the next big challenge and he isn't Heardman; he's got club management experience and he'll likely he in demand again after the 26 WC.

No, this is a 2 year run with him. It's starting off really well. Hopefully that continues and we all get a lot of great memories. But start the succession planning now. 

I said when he was in contention, I was happy with that.  He was the best option being mentioned for a crucial time but if we do well, he should be moving on. 

If he does poorly we should.

We can, of course, argue about what "well" and "poorly" mean.

So far feels good to me.

Looking long-term we can probably look Canadian and someone who can grow a bit into it.

27 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I said when he was in contention, I was happy with that.  He was the best option being mentioned for a crucial time but if we do well, he should be moving on. 

If he does poorly we should.

We can, of course, argue about what "well" and "poorly" mean.

So far feels good to me.

Looking long-term we can probably look Canadian and someone who can grow a bit into it.

do i get this right?

you are looking at a timeline that only includes the 2026 World Cup.

you think if he does well, he will then move on, of his own volition.  you also think that if he does poorly, Canada should move on, by their choice.

And long term, a Canadian option should be looked into.

Just now, eramosat said:

do i get this right?

you are looking at a timeline that only includes the 2026 World Cup.

you think if he does well, he will then move on, of his own volition.  you also think that if he does poorly, Canada should move on, by their choice.

And long term, a Canadian option should be looked into.

Basically yes.