Jesse Marsch: CanMNT manager

On 5/24/2024 at 12:05 PM, RS said:

You'll notice that I haven't argued for or against Bradley in this thread at all. I initially called out the absurdity of your statement that he is responsible for who his father is,

For the second time... he's responsible for making sure his feelings for his father don't affect his ability to do his job and play the role of a leader.  An adult who cannot separate personal feelings from career is not someone who belongs in a leadership role.  It's all over the internet that the players did not trust him and could not talk to him. 

I'd love to live in this reality you've created for yourself, where you're the pure, un-biased arbiter of everything to do with soccer in this country and anyone who challenges you is obviously wrong, a newcomer to soccer or a shill.

This only happens when people make wild claims like Vitoria still being an option without having seen a game of his in months or not being able to admit documented facts that both Bradley's lost the locker room.

Go ahead and check. That's all I've written in this thread (plus one comment about Marsch's appearance on that Jimmy Conrad podcast), meanwhile a not-insignificant number of your 44 posts in here are about the former TFC captain and how much he was a failure in his final years at TFC. 

Well, for one, I commented on the subject which was a rumour about Bradley being assistant.  That is 100% inline with what we're all doing here.  People gave their opinions and I gave mine.  I didn't spam anyone, every comment was in reply to another.

2- Everyone here knows you attack anyone and everyone that says anything even close to real and negative about a TFC player, coach or their development issues.

3- You don't or can't seem to understand I actually support TFC.  I just call it like it is.  Maybe I spent too much time in Holland.  

On 5/24/2024 at 12:30 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Just a general note: 

The most biased thing you can say is that you are not biased.  We all are and everything is.

And having someone/something agree with you doesn't change that.  Google showed that with their AI debacle recently: even a computer can only work what it is has received as input. 

Dude, not everything is soo black and white.  

Just cause you can't run as fast as Davies, doesn't mean it can't be done.  Keep it real.

On 5/24/2024 at 1:06 PM, Bigandy said:

I think this is a moot point as you're saying my opinions are wrong and your right.  But I'll simplify my arguments. 

I'll simplify my arguments: 1. Wearing a captains armband does not mean it is possible to control every single player on your team at all times, no matter how good of a captain you are. 
Example: balotelli 

Great example.  But the issue on TFC was not just one loose cannon and the most extreme of all extremes.  The whole dressing room was lost.  Everyone was leaking shit to the media.  No one was managed, it was a complete disaster and his name was specifically mentioned as an issue.

On 5/24/2024 at 1:06 PM, Bigandy said:

2. The role of a 3rd or 4th assistant coach is supportive and that role does not mean they are 100% responsible for every aspect of team dynamics, leadership, etc. 

We're wasting our time with this one, we don't know what his role will be or even if he will have a role.  Either way, an assistant coach has influence.  MY angle and humble opinion is I want to see more from Bradley before seeing him anywhere near CANMNT, he's been part of some serious toxicity and shown weak and unprofessional leadership and I'm not comfortable with that.  You can choose to disagree, I'm fine with that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, costarg said:

Keep it real.

Ha. Okay dude...man...dude.

The reason why things aren't black and white is because we and the world in general have a multitude of different views on things - ie. are biased.   Why you can always be suspect of someone who pretends that they aren't.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

I have nothing against Biello staying, he’s gonna be a good help for Marsch. But, if he is serious about being a Head Coach and one day maybe coach the CMNT, he got to go out of his comfort zone and coach somewhere else. 

His career follows the same pattern : assistant coach at Montreal. Survives Marsch, Schallibaum and Klopas and has his chance. Assistant coach for Canada,  survive Herdman and stays on Marsch’s staff. Is he waiting after Marsch is done so he can be gifted his spot? 

He said he waited all his life to have the opportunity to coach the CMNT, if he is that passionate about it he should go out there and prove his worth as a coach. 

York United needs a coach…

I prefer Biello to not be involved because I prefer a new manager seeing things fully his way, in his own eyes.

Having this interim guy lurking, reasoning to justify his pov, past decisions, positional logics, is or could be a block.

Give an example: my best friend is married to someone who was my girlfriend 20 years before they hooked up (this is freaking true). It was and is very hard to shut up, not compare notes ever and let them do it their way. 

The CSA has to let Marsch do it his way, even if he sticks Bradley in there I'll accept it as the latter will be fully dependent on Marsch and no one or thing else.

5 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

Yes, a few posts above.

I honestly look before I post and I saw the X post below it but missed the one above it in big bold letters.  Always a good policy to look at the time of the info you want to post and then go back the same length of time here on the page.

I missed that one (right in front of my eyes)

45 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I prefer Biello to not be involved because I prefer a new manager seeing things fully his way, in his own eyes.

Having this interim guy lurking, reasoning to justify his pov, past decisions, positional logics, is or could be a block.

Give an example: my best friend is married to someone who was my girlfriend 20 years before they hooked up (this is freaking true). It was and is very hard to shut up, not compare notes ever and let them do it their way. 

The CSA has to let Marsch do it his way, even if he sticks Bradley in there I'll accept it as the latter will be fully dependent on Marsch and no one or thing else.

I hope he takes Biello for Biello's sake. I like the guy, but you make some good points about why he shouldn't be there.

3 minutes ago, johnyb said:

I hope he takes Biello for Biello's sake. I like the guy, but you make some good points about why he shouldn't be there.

This will be totally Marsch's call and if he keeps Biello around he will obviously be comfortable working with him which also shows great confidence in one's position and no worries of looking over his shoulder, they know each other well and I think  JM probably recognizes that Biello could be an asset!

9 minutes ago, gator said:

This will be totally Marsch's call and if he keeps Biello around he will obviously be comfortable working with him which also shows great confidence in one's position and no worries of looking over his shoulder, they know each other well and I think  JM probably recognizes that Biello could be an asset!

The Second Cup Canadian Men’s National Team Assistant Head Coach.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think that is just because you are you.  I suspect it would be hard for you to shut up and let them do it there way if you had never met the woman. 

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If March wants Biello as part of his staff and Biello is willing to take a diminished role, I think it’s great.  It’s not like Biello will still act like a head coach.  He gets to provide historical context, ID past issues, and continue to contribute.   

I really respect Biello as a person and what he has accomplished as a player and coach.  But going by some of his recent decisions and formations, I question some of his "historical context & ID past issues".  I feel there is too much Herdman brainwashing brotherhood leftover.

I'd go for the clean sweep, but I doubt that happens.  I'm confident Marsch will have skeptical ears and eyes on things.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

When swinging goes wrong, I presume?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did not expect to read this today.

Somehow my ex wife (and mother of my kids) and I have a very good relationship and don't share our sexual past with our current partners. Crazy, I know

Biello seems like a good guy and who works hard. One Soccer's interview with Brym, surprised me at how involved Biello has been with dual nationals from a very young age. I am glad he isn't our coach but if he wants to be a part of this team, he deserves a chance under Marsch. If he honestly wants a chance at being a head coach, he needs to move on

Edited by blueseeka