Jesse Marsch: CanMNT manager

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

Surprised at all the nepotism defenders here.

Michael Bradley may eventually turn out to be a great coach one day.

But the way things ended at TFC I don't think I would want him involved in the Canada set up.

Let him prove himself somewhere else

I think this is what it comes down to regarding MB as CMNT assistant coach. 

The Bob Bradley era at TFC really damaged perception about him from a Canadian perspective. As a CMNT fan first I’m not comfortable with MB coaching guys that lived the trainwreck that was his last year at TFC (Osorio and Laryea, maybe JMR, Kerr, Gavran, Stefanovic, etc.)

Maybe those guys would be happy with the appointment but I doubt it. The unrest in the locker room regarding the nepotism was pretty well documented last year.

From what I can read, there are no actual "nepotism defenders" (???) in here, just people looking to have a rational discussion about a player who was very prominent on a big club in Canada. On the other side is a very vocal critic of MB, who tells people who don't agree with him to watch Ted Lasso as an introduction to soccer.

Regardless, it's likely that everyone that Marsch hires onto his staff will benefit from some sort of "nepotism" as he is almost surely going to bring in people he's worked with previously and forged a relationship with. That even includes Biello should he be retained.

A Twitter account known for spewing bullshit threw out Bradley's name. So let's give it a 1% chance of happening based on Marsch's established relationship with him, and Bradley's history of playing in Canada (of which 8 of 10 seasons were without his father in charge).

4 minutes ago, RS said:

A Twitter account known for spewing bullshit threw out Bradley's name. So let's give it a 1% chance of happening based on Marsch's established relationship with him, and Bradley's history of playing in Canada (of which 8 of 10 seasons were without his father in charge).

Can I add another silly X rumour to the piranha waters of this thread? 

Marsch is willing to ditch us as he is the mystery 4th candidate for the Chelsea job. 😄

18 minutes ago, RS said:

On the other side is a very vocal critic of MB

Go back and read again, more than one is saying it. 

But whatever you do, don't leave this forum, would hate for you realize what the outside world thinks of your darling.

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

Go back and read again, more than one is saying it. 

But whatever you do, don't leave this forum, would hate for you realize what the outside world thinks of your darling.

The last couple of days was all you against, @El Diego@Obinna and @Bigandy, with others occasionally chiming in (myself included). They were respectful in their arguments, you were not. Go back and read again.

But yes. Many people believe Bradley may not be ready for a MNT assistant job and that's a fair opinion to hold. Only one of those people seemingly makes it his mission on here to vociferously argue against the Bradleys at every given opportunity, though.

My pointing that out will surely do more to convince you that I'm in the pocket of "Big Bradley," so have at it. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not on the MB to coach Canada train but I do think he can become a great manager one day.  He's one of the most intelligent players if you watch closely.  Frankly, it's one of the only reasons he was able to play at the levels he did for so long given his flaws.  Unfortunately, his intelligence could not make up for his lack of speed and athleticism over the last couple seasons and it showed.  Just my 2 cents...

Edited by Corazon

59 minutes ago, RS said:

The last couple of days was all you against, @El Diego@Obinna and @Bigandy, with others occasionally chiming in (myself included). They were respectful in their arguments, you were not. Go back and read again.

But yes. Many people believe Bradley may not be ready for a MNT assistant job and that's a fair opinion to hold. Only one of those people seemingly makes it his mission on here to vociferously argue against the Bradleys at every given opportunity, though.

My pointing that out will surely do more to convince you that I'm in the pocket of "Big Bradley," so have at it. 

Difference is I've also been a critic of Sirois, Crepeau, Vitoria, Miller, MacGraw, Choiniere, Borjan, Piette....  I've also supported and pushed for JMR, Gavran, "the Italians", do you see a pattern?  There is no bias, I just call it like it is without allegiance.  Know what else?  So has the media and anyone else who's been watching them.  Just honest commentary which is what we're here for.  Take this how you will, but this is more than you can say for yourself.

Connecting comments about Bradley to anti-TFC bias is a stretch.  Being pissed off about all the Bradley crap is actually pretty normal.  I'm a fan and they screwed things up, the team was better than that, and I'm annoyed by it.  It's passion which is normal for a supporter.  Lots of CANMNT and even guys that turned down CANMNT bring out the worst of some of us.  But to come on here and argue against every single honest comment about anyone who plays or played for TFC is not the point of this forum.  Bare minimum here, should be to remove the club goggles at the door and discuss things from a CANMNT perspective.

I’m fine if MB is an assistant coach. From what I understand at TFC his issue was being played over young guys and as the coach’s kid, the Italians didn’t like that. With CANMNT, he’s going to be coaching vets like Osorio and Laryea who I don’t think ever had an issue with him, no Italians, and he’s not taking anything away from any kids.

Plus, with how the program is trending, I doubt they’d bring on a coach the players hated without asking them about it. 

5 hours ago, costarg said:

If you believe this, you've never played competitive sports in your life. 

A captain does manage star players on every team in every sport in the world.  That is fact, your post is nonsense and ill-informed.  I don't know what else to tell you, maybe try to watch Ted Lasso as an intro to the subject.  

Hey man,  Maybe you should take a quick break to relax. 

Throwing insults around and jabs whenever someone disagrees with you on an online forum is pretty absurd... don't you think? We can also have a private discussion where we compare our playing resumes if you truly believe I've never played at a high level but to justify one's opinion by attacking anothers playing level is a bit pathetic imo. 

As for your argument. You are comparing apples to oranges. Ramos keeping vazquez in check is alot different than MB controlling the italians. The italians didnt respect him and are also at another level than MB. Imagine the captain of Benzema's team trying to control him(I get he got captaincy but obviously theres alot of issues there). Now consider the standard of RM vs TFC. You cant get away with it at RM but at TFC there are no consequences except maybe you ride the bench to collect your millions of dollars which very few coaches would do.

Ted lasso doesnt cover the subject of how to change a players bad attitude by a player who is beneath them and not respected when there are no consequences for that bad attitude. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Has there been a good one in the past?  We are always late, no?  (Feel like it at least). 

But, but ....with Kevin Blue all things are new!