Match Thread: May 11, 2024 - Pacific v Forge

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: May 11, 2024 - Pacific v Forge

Too much rotation is always dangerous but I think we're deeper than some years. Gazdov, Amedume, Quintana, Bahous, Tirco, Reid, Sellouf, Mukumbilwa, Greco-Taylor weren't in our starting XI but could easily be starters in this league. Hopefully everyone is fit. Regardless, we always seems to struggle against Forge

moore who has been pretty good lately starts on the bench...koleilat gets a start in goal...interesting that forge has pressing ndom as one of their keys...bekker starts on the bench also...jensen who is probably his replacement once he retires and has been very good is starting

Regarding that red, it is extremely embarrassing for the league and the CSA is letting us down by not coming to agreement with the league on basic disciplinary criteria. 

We've been let down since the very first CPL match 500 games ago, unfortunately. I think the reffing is not terrible, and does not affect results as much as we might think at times (though I think VFC got screwed on a few results early to mid last season), but some of these cards are unfathomable. 

Didn't all those extra games given to Shome get repealed on appeal, or was it a different competition?

6 minutes ago, shorty said:

I was at the game, and have since watched the highlights and I still can’t tell what the red was for. 

He hit the forge player in the chest. Rules are rules but that's a weak red. 

5 hours ago, Ftduck said:

He hit the forge player in the chest. Rules are rules but that's a weak red. 

No player would ever finish a match if that level of contact is a red. Parra would have been sent off on the same play