Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Finals - Leg 1 - Atletico Ottawa v Pacific - May 8, 2024

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

I liked what I saw, smart, good movement, high iq, but I don’t think he wants in on the physical stuff.

He had a bad year last season for injuries, 22-23, mostly muscular, and he was in 2nd division a year ago. So him going to Ottawa is partially that, easing himself back in; I would imagine he'll take it slowly because he must have lost confidence in being able to play without injury.

I don't recall that he was ever very physical when at Barça B, did his job, was not especially fast or especially fierce (which is often how players his height compensate), he just played his role.

6 hours ago, Mihairokov said:

Isn't this because teams like Halifax and Cavalry can't host matches immediately due to grass pitches? Along with Valour being unable to host later into this season. Pacific just happens to be the best weather location that can play early.

It's the same in MLS with how Toronto and Montreal always start on the road and how early season is slanted towards more southern matches because of winter weather in the north. Nashville so far have played seven home matches and three away...lol

I've heard the decision to host a bunch of home games in a row, and to front load our schedule is a Pacific management decision. I get it for maybe the first couple weeks, but is there anywhere in the country that still can't host a match right now because of bad weather? Because we once again have three home matches in a row, while Vancouver has 3 away. We'll only have one away game before May 24th, and last season was the same.