Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Finals - Leg 1 - Atletico Ottawa v Pacific - May 8, 2024

52 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Very sparse crowd trickling into the stadium. 

EEK!

That sad to see.  Unfortunately, I’m one of the no shows as I’m out of town.

3 hours ago, jordan said:

3 home games in 7 days may not have helped 

This kills Pacific's attendance every season. I don't know why they insist on scheduling our season this way. Even if it does reduce travel, we see huge dips in attendance. It doesn't help that it's usually early in the season too

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

This kills Pacific's attendance every season. I don't know why they insist on scheduling our season this way. Even if it does reduce travel, we see huge dips in attendance. It doesn't help that it's usually early in the season too

Isn't this because teams like Halifax and Cavalry can't host matches immediately due to grass pitches? Along with Valour being unable to host later into this season. Pacific just happens to be the best weather location that can play early.

It's the same in MLS with how Toronto and Montreal always start on the road and how early season is slanted towards more southern matches because of winter weather in the north. Nashville so far have played seven home matches and three away...lol

Edited by Mihairokov

Thought Pacific played a very good road game on a short week with the travel involved and that Ottawa was void of ideas on how to break them down, Pacific seems to have more joy attacking down the left was a bit surprised that they took out Zanatta when they did

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining since there are only so many games each season, but I’m tired after the last week. 
I feel like yesterday at a reduced ticket price may have helped, how much who knows. Staffing suggests they Atletico knew it would be light.

11 minutes ago, zaltan said:

Thought Pacific played a very good road game on a short week with the travel involved and that Ottawa was void of ideas on how to break them down, Pacific seems to have more joy attacking down the left was a bit surprised that they took out Zanatta when they did

He was in my view the first half and would make the nice one touch layoffs into Yeates or Tousaint and then move into space, and Yeates and Tousaint would then dribble into the nearest two atletico shirts immediately.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Curious, how was Dani Morer as fullback?

He played wide right in a front three. 

Did not look out of place if I’m being honest. Some really nice touches and always looking to bring teammates into the play. I think he will be a solid pick up for Atleti this year.