Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Preliminary Round - Atletico Ottawa v Valour - May 1, 2024

and they send the ball again to haynes side tabla sends to bassett to make it 6-0...going for the record now with 25 minutes to go...antinoro salter sissoko in for aparicio tabla de brienne

So... been fighting with Fubo through most of this, let's call it a "match", which of course is in keeping with the on field events, and find myself slightly bemused.  Some days are just like that, you know?  It's just going to be like that, don't know why and have no idea if there's anything I can do about it.  But there it is. 

"Stop the bleeding, Valour." he says?  Is there any blood left to wring out of Valour at this point?

I've an idea.  Why don't we do this all again on Sunday?

What makes me genuinely feel bad for Valour is that they probably have to stay after this one. They won't have the change of environment that comes with taking a plane or a bus to somewhere else and use the new scenery to try to forget about the whole thing...

They have to live in the same hotel rooms for the next five days before going back to the very same pitch... Mentally that must be adding salt to the wound.

85' sacko morer in for sacko singh and hanson in for binate...still no ohin or mourdoukoutas which is more bad news if they arent ready to play any minutes sunday

6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

85' sacko morer in for sacko singh and hanson in for binate...still no ohin or mourdoukoutas which is more bad news if they arent ready to play any minutes sunday

No Ohin or Tass... so Valour was out of healthy subs.  Brutal on the injury front, brutal on the recruiting side.

13 minutes ago, Wippersuna said:

I get that Valour are a bit of a lost cause but no way Dos Santos should survive this. Absolutely embarrassing.

I regret renewing my Valour tickets. 

LOL.  I feel your pain but you're getting a bit in front of it.  

It's a cup match.  It was arse.  Few WTF, goofy, goals but that's that.  (At least we all hope so).

If I've learned anything over the years it's how to find some fun while losing.  Shitting on everyone, friend and foe alike, I personaly find helpful.  Shrug.  Maybe that's a Winnipeg thing.  Maybe that's a football thing.   Whatever.  Damn it all. 

dos santos has completely run this team to the ground...cant coach and cant recruit...huge mistakes to give him full control in 2021 with the gm+coach positions and then to give him an extension after the 2023 season when they finished dead last...hes had parts of four seasons...need a new voice asap even if there would only be minor improvements in the short term...you just cant keep going with him at this point

I mean I’m a Canucks fan. Last 10 years taught me well how to have fun when losing. And yeah it’s a cup game but a 7 goal loss after losing to the Rovers last year doesn’t exactly fill me with hope. Driving out to the University sucks as is, why would I want to keep doing it for this?

I've been saying for a while that Valour reminds me a lot of FC Edmonton. I really hope they don't see the same fate but with the current ownership group they have things just aren't going to get any better in Winnipeg.