CONCACAF Nations League 2024-25 - Group Stage & ¼finals - General Thread

Belize has also won promotion from League C to League B after beating Anguilla 1-0 last night.

Several games today, including some key teams in League A.

image.png.26c74d048868d857807a63f332de3dbe.png

While I am complaining about Nations League playoffs hosting, I've got another complaint. I think I probably brought this up last year, but the way they make the schedule for this (bizarre) group stage in League A it really makes it very unlikely for the two best teams from a group to make it through. If I put on my conspiracy hat it's entirely possible this is by design to make it even easier for the top 2 ranked countries in the quarter finals. It would be fantastic if we are successful in our mission to finish the month ranked 2nd ahead of USA to take away their birthright advantage in the quarterfinal.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

but the way they make the schedule for this (bizarre) group stage in League A it really makes it very unlikely for the two best teams from a group to make it through.

Yup.

Austin Powers Laser GIF

Not a fan of this "Swiss"-style system.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Several games today, including some key teams in League A.

The Nicaragua 🇳🇮 squad:

The Jamaica 🇯🇲 squad:

The Trinidad & Tobago 🇹🇹 squad:

The Cuba 🇨🇺 squad:

The Honduras 🇭🇳 squad (David Ruíz is now out through injury?)

The Guyane Française 🇬🇫 squad:

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/guyane/ligue-des-nations-de-la-concacaf-du-sang-neuf-dans-la-selection-de-guyane-1526982.html

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Did watch 20 minutes of St Kitts/BVI yesterday and I want to say that the quality of League C is improving but i'm not at all convinced it is. It almost seems like a formality that the teams that get bumped down to League C return to League B the following season - that group of USVI/BVI/Anguilla/Caymans/Ts&Cs are just another level beneath everyone else, to the extent that I think Concacaf could look into a restructuring to implement a League D.

Edited by Mihairokov

The Guyane 🇬🇫  vs Honduras 🇭🇳 match has been moved to another stadium in the small town of Sinnamary at the last minute.

The pitch at their main stadium was too worn out and had ants nests in it! 🐜 🐜 😬

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/guyane/ligue-des-nations-de-la-concacaf-la-selection-de-la-guyane-face-au-mur-de-la-selection-du-honduras-1527904.html

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The Guyane 🇬🇫  vs Honduras 🇭🇳 match has been moved to another stadium in the small town of Sinnamary at the last minute.

The pitch at their main stadium was too worn out and had ants nests in it! 🐜 🐜 😬

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/guyane/ligue-des-nations-de-la-concacaf-la-selection-de-la-guyane-face-au-mur-de-la-selection-du-honduras-1527904.html

Could be worse!

Screenshot 2024-10-10 15.31.45.png

Screenshot 2024-10-10 15.33.19.png

4 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Cuba vs TnT 2-2 in the 80th, game on Onesoccer

I really like the stadium Cuba play out of in Santiago de Cuba. Turf looks good and the view is great. A lot closer than Havana for all visiting Caribbean sides, too.

Screenshot 2024-10-10 16.18.56.png

Edited by Mihairokov

14 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Cuba vs TnT 2-2 in the 80th, game on Onesoccer

Wow. One Soccer finally got off their asses and decided to air these games.

They have the big Nicaragua v Jamaica game tonight too following the CPL game (York v Pacific)

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Wow. One Soccer finally got off their asses and decided to air these games.

They have the big Nicaragua v Jamaica game tonight too following the CPL game (York v Pacific)

If only I read this before the York United game. I just took my Roku back to it's home upstairs, came downstairs to watch TV and checked Youtube for this game. OK, I guess it's St. Vincent vs El Salvador for me. 2-1 for St. Vincent as of 10 seconds ago, so I guess it's not without a storyline.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

If only I read this before the York United game. I just took my Roku back to it's home upstairs, came downstairs to watch TV and checked Youtube for this game. OK, I guess it's St. Vincent vs El Salvador for me. 2-1 for St. Vincent as of 10 seconds ago, so I guess it's not without a storyline.

Honduras scraping by French Guiana and El Salvador scraping by St Vincent & Gs - sigh, a boy can dream... 😔

Nevermind T&T, these are the two that should be punished with the full fury of playing in community backup stadiums in Guyane for the rest of time.

Edited by Mihairokov

18 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

Honduras scraping by French Guiana and El Salvador scraping by St Vincent & Gs - sigh, a boy can dream... 😔

Nevermind T&T, these are the two that should be punished with the full fury of playing in community backup stadiums in Guyane for the rest of time.

Despite winning 2-0, Jamaica did not look great and were arguably outplayed for most of their match in Nicaragua.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Today's matches:

Suriname vs Costa Rica:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EY-tIbgAn8

Guyana vs Guatemala:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A17MAUVU8ug

A VPN may be needed if you are in a region where CONCACAF have sold the broadcast rights (like Canada).

OneSoccer has the first match.  The second should be available in Canada.