Jeevan Badwal

Apologies if there is already a thread for Jeevan Badwal (I couldn't find it). I don't think we are spending enough time talking about this player.

Vancouver Whitecaps 2. Class of 2006. Centre mid. Regular starter for Canada's youth teams. 

Started season opener at MLS NextPro. Dominated the midfield next to Malcolm Simmons. 

Badwal has gotten faster. He wins balls, keeps possession and moves it up the field smoothly. Really good prospect. 

One to watch.

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2024 at 12:45 PM, Watchmen said:

This only really matters if Vanni remembers to play him, which Vanni has on a number of occasions not done with his short-term call ups.

Despite being down 3-1 for virtually all of the second half, Vanni forgot he'd brought him.  So, he's burned another short term contract.

25 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Despite being down 3-1 for virtually all of the second half, Vanni forgot he'd brought him.  So, he's burned another short term contract.

As a Canada fan first and foremost I really don't like how Vanni is approaching youngsters. He's quickly entering detrimental territory for me and that's unfortunate because he was a youth coach, so you'd think he'd know better.

Seems like he's focused on coaching for his job which I get but I don't like.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

As a Canada fan first and foremost I really don't like how Vanni is approaching youngsters. He's quickly entering detrimental territory for me and that's unfortunate because he was a youth coach, so you'd think he'd know better.

Seems like he's focused on coaching for his job which I get but I don't like.

This was a big issue with Rennie and Robinson, MDS at times too. That period with Froese,Bustos etc. They weren't quite ready but there was also no system to help them bridge the gap and too much pressure on the manager to gamble on them.

Its a problem not just attributed to the caps either. When push comes to shove managers will do what they can to save their jobs because it's a results driven business. Unless they are clearly game changer managers will go for experience. 

CPL could be that bridge between the youth teams,there is still an awkward transition to getting minutes unless you have directives to create synergy and bring youth players through. If club structures don't have that vision then it almost makes you question why bother spending money on the youth teams?

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

This was a big issue with Rennie and Robinson, MDS at times too. That period with Froese,Bustos etc. They weren't quite ready but there was also no system to help them bridge the gap and too much pressure on the manager to gamble on them.

Its a problem not just attributed to the caps either. When push comes to shove managers will do what they can to save their jobs because it's a results driven business. Unless they are clearly game changer managers will go for experience. 

CPL could be that bridge between the youth teams,there is still an awkward transition to getting minutes unless you have directives to create synergy and bring youth players through. If club structures don't have that vision then it almost makes you question why bother spending money on the youth teams?

I agree...if he were playing in the CPL he would see actual game time 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

My issue with Robbo, MDS and co is that they would go with experience and still lose. Yet, they would trot Andy Rose (or whichever random meh veteran) out there over and over again and nothing would change. When youth was put out there, they’d get 8 minutes at the end of a loss and never be seen from again. Vanni is heading down the same path with Martins, Kreilach, etc. 

31 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

My issue with Robbo, MDS and co is that they would go with experience and still lose. Yet, they would trot Andy Rose (or whichever random meh veteran) out there over and over again and nothing would change. When youth was put out there, they’d get 8 minutes at the end of a loss and never be seen from again. Vanni is heading down the same path with Martins, Kreilach, etc. 

But Andy Rose was like having a coach on the field, according to the Caps' pbp team!