Friendly match: Canada vs Mexico - Tuesday, September 10th - 8:30pm Eastern / 5:30pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

Decent rotation.  Millar gets a start with Shaff gone.  Richie in place of Alistair due to injury.  Oso shifting us into a 4-5-1 with 3 in central midfield.  Biggest change is giving St Clair the start and giving David a night off.   Good to try it all out and I assume David is fine with an evening off.  I would love to see a couple of Sigur, Afrifa and/or Saliba get some minutes, and it would be nice to see Adekugbe get back on the field.  

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

St-Clair has not impressed me recently.

If he doesn't have a good game tonight, I want to see a "third" choice keeper get a game if Crépeau isn't going to start.

Not surprised at all by St.Clair. It would unfair to him to just play a third goalie because of a poor game. It is obvious that Crepeau is the #1 and then the rest don't matter for a while unless injury. If there is a Crepeau injury that would be when they reach out to Goodman I think

Ok, a lineup.    Mostly starters, and a smattering of their common backups.  Whom stilll have a lot of development of core pieces familiarity abailble today against one of their best likely opponents before WC 2026.  Larin as the linchpin up front is the strangest idea to me, but I'm no strategist.

I look forward to...striker/forward type variety.  As for the rest, ok...given the already limited number of matches this squad has over the next two years, there's little  competitive gametime to be wasted.  Although I can see a chart in the coach's head for who to play, in what "easier" matches exist in the next few years. It's definitely a chore to put everyone in who may merit minutes in crunch time...I trust the coaches.

Read you all at 8:58 PM EST.

Edited by eramosat

2 minutes ago, eramosat said:

Ok, a lineup.    Mostly starters, and a smattering of their common backups.  Whom stilll have a lot of development of core pieces familiarity abailble today against one of their best likely opponents before WC 2026.  Larin as the linchpin up front is the strangest idea to me, but I'm no strategist.

I look forward to...striker/forward type variety.  As for the rest, ok...given the already limited number of matches this squad has over the next two years, there's little  competitive gametime to be wasted.  Although I can see a chart in the coach's head for who to play, in what "easier" matches exist in the next few years. It's definitely a chore to put everyone in who may merit minutes in crunch time...I trust the coaches.

Read you all at 8:58 PM EST.

I assume they're trying to get larin going in a no stakes game

1 hour ago, rkomar said:

The link is there on the onesoccer.ca website (under Canada National Team).  So, someone did something already.  I don't know what goes on in the app, though.

got it, thanks. not available in USA version of onesoccer.ca - only available inside Canada. 

4 minutes ago, costarg said:

Hoping Larin and Osorio can prove they still belong in there.  Need to see 100% tonight.

Prove? We already know Osorio doesn’t belong. His ass should be glued to bench. I would rather see Saliba in the mix. He’s better than that passenger. Larin has nothing to prove. He does other good things than just score goals.

Edited by anthony7