Friendly match: Canada vs Mexico - Tuesday, September 10th - 8:30pm Eastern / 5:30pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

40 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

Bring me back at November 16th 2021.

I want to feel against these feelings.

One of my best day as a canadian soccer fan. 

That was a great day.  The temperature would have to change from 30C to 30F, though, to have a snowbank for Adekugbe to jump into.

56 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

Bring me back at November 16th 2021.

I want to feel against these feelings.

One of my best day as a canadian soccer fan. 

@Joe MacCarthy , AI would never "feel against these feelings"

Should we have a kind of Captcha test before posting to prevent bots though? 

"1)

Select all images with drones.

2)

Select all images with Adekugbe in a snowbank.

"

10 minutes ago, shorty said:

I’m curious: What do we speculate will be the “creative” unofficial matches for October that JM mentions in the interview above? He said something about “involving the community”. I’m intrigued…

CPL All-Stars?
Play the game in Halifax on October 12.

Edited by narduch

20 minutes ago, shorty said:

I’m curious: What do we speculate will be the “creative” unofficial matches for October that JM mentions in the interview above? He said something about “involving the community”. I’m intrigued…

Lots of good stuff in that interview. Creative unofficial match, some form of Camp Poutine, close on CBA (since announced by Kevin Blue).

I am actually enjoying watching/listening to interviews with our manager again, I can't say that was the case with Herdman! JM seems so organized and like a very good man manager how could players not want to learn and perform for this guy? As a dual national or player considering international options I think between our results on the field, increased club opportunities and just being coached by a guy like this is going to make us a really attractive option moving forward! Did I mention the chance to play in a home World Cup?😀

24 minutes ago, gator said:

I am actually enjoying watching/listening to interviews with our manager again, I can't say that was the case with Herdman! JM seems so organized and like a very good man manager how could players not want to learn and perform for this guy? As a dual national or player considering international options I think between our results on the field, increased club opportunities and just being coached by a guy like this is going to make us a really attractive option moving forward! Did I mention the chance to play in a home World Cup?😀

He's positive and has his angle, he's no tactical genius, no great football mind, but it rarely reeks of spin. 

2 hours ago, gator said:

I think one important aspect of this, aside from the immediate benefits in terms of results and momentum, is the intangible benefit of showing the guys that the previous success wasn’t about Herdman.  JH was great at self promotion and with a group of young players I think there was a risk that any new coach who stuttered out of the gate might have introduced a fair bit of self-doubt that our previous successes were largely attributed to him.   Full credit to John for the results that he was able to facilitate but I think a lot of us held the belief that a lot of coaches could have replicated something like the same level of success with this group of talented players - and IMO it was important for the guys to immediately prove to themselves that they were the reason we did what we did.   

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That’s what I immediately thought. Maybe as a creative concession to the CSB renegotiation they get tossed a Canadian CPL selects game against the CMNT? Would be a win-win and also allows Marsch to assess more players. 

That would be amazing.   Count me in if that happens.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just put $20 into my ALC account to drop a couple bucks on us to win and the game isn’t even available to bet on.  That sucks.  So I put $4 on Kamala to win the US election.  Because why not.  

David goal with a Canada win are +1885 ($10 for $188.50 profit) on FanDuel which is crazy to me. Took a flyer on it.

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think one important aspect of this, aside from the immediate benefits in terms of results and momentum, is the intangible benefit of showing the guys that the previous success wasn’t about Herdman.  JH was great at self promotion and with a group of young players I think there was a risk that any new coach who stuttered out of the gate might have introduced a fair bit of self-doubt that our previous successes were largely attributed to him.   Full credit to John for the results that he was able to facilitate but I think a lot of us held the belief that a lot of coaches could have replicated something like the same level of success with this group of talented players - and IMO it was important for the guys to immediately prove to themselves that they were the reason we did what we did.   

Well put! I'd go so far as to say that Herdman's greatest lasting achievement is instilling in this core group a healthy dose of self-belief. That, and the idea of playing for each other (even more than playing for your country, though the two go hand-in-hand). A talented squad without cohesion of some sort, without an identity, ends up getting the sort of poor recent results that we're seeing from sides like the US and Brazil. Talent is not enough. Marsch has inherited a culture, a mindset that Herdman played a massive role in establishing within this group.  I feel Marsch is the better all round manager, but I won't take away from Herdman the substantial contributions he made.