Friendly match: Canada vs Mexico - Tuesday, September 10th - 8:30pm Eastern / 5:30pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

5 minutes ago, Onelessstar said:

I am not so far off your assessment.... minus the vitriol. At this point, I feel Osorio is a depth player... fairly deep depth... almost as far down as Cavallini. I'd like to see the younger players in, learning their international trade, and getting a look from bigger clubs. We saw how these opportunities worked for our CBs at Copa. We have to start working towards 2026 and acknowledge that some of these long time players won't/shouldn't be involved. I think that it's time to move on.

Cav is like 10th in the depth chart. 

at cam we have no one except maybe Kone, maybe David.  Which youngster would take his spot. Costa?  Colyn who’s injured.  We don’t have depth at cam.  Besides, he didn’t have any major hiccups at copa which was quite a high level. He still has value at this level. 

34 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

at cam we have no one except maybe Kone, maybe David.  Which youngster would take his spot. Costa?  Colyn who’s injured.  We don’t have depth at cam.  Besides, he didn’t have any major hiccups at copa which was quite a high level. He still has value at this level. 

He still has a high level? Are you kidding me right now? He is not even a true CAM, he’s more closer to an 8. Yes, guys like Kone and David would be more to suited to that position. The team shouldn’t really be playing formations with #10s until they truly have capable players.

Osorio was the worst player against Venezuela and the stats proved it. Against, Chile he did nothing influential while Canada had to hold onto a stressful 0-0 against a 10 men and an aging Chile side. Finally, he choked against Uruguay costing us 3rd place. The guy had his head in his hands and Marsch was spazzing out. Oso, the choker knew he fucked up.

Edited by anthony7

2 hours ago, anthony7 said:

I agree with most of what you’re saying other than he’s not a depth player. 

So Osorio IS a depth player? Or he's NOT a depth player? Or he's NOT NOT a depth player?

In my defense, I said he was deep down the depth chart but... anyways. Divisive topic for such a longtime national team trooper with some legendary contributions. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Well.... better give some younger players some time then, 'cause Osorio won't be involved in 2026. Remember our CB depth?

7 minutes ago, Onelessstar said:

So Osorio IS a depth player? Or he's NOT a depth player? Or he's NOT NOT a depth player?

In my defense, I said he was deep down the depth chart but... anyways. Divisive topic for such a longtime national team trooper with some legendary contributions. Oh well.

He’s not a depth player and should be phased out of the team completely. He has no business being at the 2026 World Cup.

3 hours ago, anthony7 said:

He still has a high level? Are you kidding me right now? He is not even a true CAM, he’s more closer to an 8. Yes, guys like Kone and David would be more to suited to that position. The team shouldn’t really be playing formations with #10s until they truly have capable players.

Osorio was the worst player against Venezuela and the stats proved it. Against, Chile he did nothing influential while Canada had to hold onto a stressful 0-0 against a 10 men and an aging Chile side. Finally, he choked against Uruguay costing us 3rd place. The guy had his head in his hands and Marsch was spazzing out. Oso, the choker knew he fucked up.

Do you dream about oso.  It’s all you think about. Maybe you’re in love with him and he didn’t want you back? 

1 hour ago, anthony7 said:

He’s not a depth player and should be phased out of the team completely. He has no business being at the 2026 World Cup.

Point noted.  I tend to agree with your WC 2026 assessment (maybe roster, but likely (hopefully, because of step-ups by others) not playing), and I'm pretty sure the board would agree.  So it is a matter of his replacements stepping into their roles, and learning how to play on a squad that Osorio has a ton of experience with.  So for me, he facilitates the transition for so many newer players at other positions, as well as his direct "competition" when they play together.

Give it time.  I see no indicators he'll be on the starter's list when Canada is healthy, for the formations they seem to be trying.  If he's the player we most want to see removed from national team service (and somebody always has to catch that shit), we are in excellent shape!

P.S>  Watching him with TFC right now...his floor is fine!

Edited by eramosat

7 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Do you dream about oso.  It’s all you think about. Maybe you’re in love with him and he didn’t want you back? 

Yes, I dream about the day he leaves TFC and gets displaced with a true #10. I dream about the day he never gets called up to play for Canada again. I dream about seeing these new crop off Canadian midfielders making this passenger a forgotten memory.

Edited by anthony7

16 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

You guys should just kiss already 

I’m a heterosexual male so that won’t be happening. Hopefully, sooner rather than later he can kiss his TFC and Canada career goodbye though. But since you love to see him involved, maybe he’ll give you signed autograph the next time you go to BMO. Then you can truly say how much he means to you.

Edited by anthony7

9 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Bullshit articles to protect him. Specifically, please tell me what he is doing in those games which makes him integral to the team?

The idea that Oso and TFC is notable enough to warrant protection from soccer writers is hilarious.

I'm just gonna mute you and save myself the trouble of seeing your inane drivel. This sort of fixation isn't healthy and this board needs to stop enabling your addiction. Go to Tumblr or something.

But then again,Who knows why mad men do what they do.

28 minutes ago, Barthez-Battalion said:

The idea that Oso and TFC is notable enough to warrant protection from soccer writers is hilarious.

I'm just gonna mute you and save myself the trouble of seeing your inane drivel. This sort of fixation isn't healthy and this board needs to stop enabling your addiction. Go to Tumblr or something.

But then again,Who knows why mad men do what they do.

Fine by me. You can’t give me an answer which proves my point.🤷‍♂️ Bye Felicia. 👋

Edited by anthony7

Anthony reminds me of your typical Italian-Canadian you’d find in the south end. According to them Canadians are always the problem at TFC and Oso is the poster boy for that.

Edit: Shouldn’t have made it specifically about Italians, moreso meant Eurocentric football fans

Edited by Fullback

3 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Anthony reminds me of your typical Italian-Canadian you’d find in the south end. According to them Canadians are always the problem at TFC and Oso is the poster boy for that.

So true. The irony is that Italian-Canadians probably don’t make the top 10 on the list of ethnicities that have contributed to the CMNT despite having a massive contingent/advantage. But they’re the greatest in their own minds. 

Would be an interesting list in all honesty. Without going too deep in thought, Jamaican-Canadians would be my guess as to the front runner. Maybe Portuguese-Canadians next? 

3 hours ago, anthony7 said:

Easy. Because his play is detrimental to both TFC & Canada.

This is fair if you believe that in your heart of hearts. There is nothing wrong with voicing concern about a player you genuinely feel is a detriment to the teams you support.

The problem however is that it's all you talk about. I have my own list of guys I voiced concern about in the past, such as Manjrekar James. I always defended Herdman for leaving him out of the National team, despite him having a cup of coffee in the UEFA Champions League. I was also in the minority on that but it is what it is. Not everyone sees the game the same, which is normal.

The difference is that voicing concern about James probably amounted to 1% of my posts on this board, maybe even less.

What about you and Oso? 95% Oso related? 98% Oso related. With that ratio, it honestly sounds like you have a personal vendetta, even if you don't. Your saving grace (if I am being generous) is that you've recently begun to pick on Liam Millar, so you're not quite the one trick pony we thought. 

Regardless, you are 99.99% negative in your posts. Straight hater. Don't ever expect to get the benefit of the doubt around here, because you haven't earned it. Not even a little bit.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So true. The irony is that Italian-Canadians probably don’t make the top 10 on the list of ethnicities that have contributed to the CMNT despite having a massive contingent/advantage. But they’re the greatest in their own minds. 

Would be an interesting list in all honesty. Without going too deep in thought, Jamaican-Canadians would be my guess as to the front runner. Maybe Portuguese-Canadians next? 

Although this is probably true in recent years as more Canadians of Italian descent choose to play hockey, you have to ignore the contributions made by the likes of both Lenarduzzis, Stalteri, Peschisolido, Corrazzin, Mobilio, Iarusci and Lettieri (to name a bunch off the top of my head) in order for such a claim to be in any way remotely accurate from a historical perspective.  Not that I am sure why we are suddenly bashing Italian-Canadians on this board, I can give you the names of several Italian-Canadians who attend TFC game’s regularly who don’t bash Osorio at all if that makes people feel better. 

6 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Although this is probably true in recent years as more Canadians of Italian descent choose to play hockey, you have to ignore the contributions made by the likes of both Lenarduzzis, Stalteri, Peschisolido, Corrazzin, Mobilio, Iarusci and Lettieri (to name a bunch off the top of my head) in order for such a claim to be in any way remotely accurate from a historical perspective.  Not that I am sure why we are suddenly bashing Italian-Canadians on this board, I can give you the names of several Italian-Canadians who attend TFC game’s regularly who don’t bash Osorio at all if that makes people feel better. 

Don't sweat it. He's another dolt I block because these guys get a sniff and all the babbling garbage comes to the fore. 

Shame the degeneration we used to see here, including that anti Italian vitriol we had to shut down 15-20 years ago, still lingers. 

56 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Don't sweat it. He's another dolt I block because these guys get a sniff and all the babbling garbage comes to the fore. 

Shame the degeneration we used to see here, including that anti Italian vitriol we had to shut down 15-20 years ago, still lingers. 

I was more concerned about the revisionist history aspect, whether intended or not, effectively wiping out the huge contributions made by so many Italian-Canadians in the late 20th century to the program (not that they have completely ceased since then, even if it is largely limited to the coaching staff these days - although maybe people think Mauro Biello is actually of Pakistani descent or something). It's a shame that there are not better quality highlights from the 1986 qualifying run that are readily available because I think Canada's draw against Costa Rica in San Jose is an often overlooked match in importance, and I recall from watching it back in September 1985 and remembering very few scoring chances we created while Tino Lettieri made some important saves to preserve a crucial point and return the favour after they drew us in Toronto (a match that I was at). But even this highlights package omits any footage from that game:

Although it's not always obvious when someone has Italian heritage - ironically this is something I discovered last night after posting the previous post, I started watching the Hope Solo documentary on Netflix as I had heard good things about it, in particular that she shits all over the USSF as well on the heads of many of her former teammates. Until I started watching this, I had no idea that her father was Italian - I had just assumed he was a massive Star Wars fan, although I suppose he could be both. But I hadn't been that surprised to discover someone had Italian heritage since learning that Brooke Shields is the granddaughter of an Italian aristocrat.

And shame on me for not even mentioning Eddy Berdusco, scorer of what used to be the most famous goal in Canadian history.