Friendly match: Canada vs Mexico - Tuesday, September 10th - 8:30pm Eastern / 5:30pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

17 minutes ago, Barthez-Battalion said:

That's the third time Davies has whiffed on a ball in the air.

He's been very poor at dealing with loose balls this intl break.

Aerial balls are not Davies' specialty in general.  He doesn't judge the ball in the air very well (exception: WC goal), and it's worse when he's off balance or scrambling.  It's his Achilles heel (sort of) as an athlete. 

Biggest takeaway of this match has to be Marcelo Flores day dreaming on the bench. The guy probably spent the whole game wondering if he fucked up. The guy gets a total of 0 minutes in this window. It’s pretty brutal if you can’t even step on the field for a few minutes in a FRIENDLY against your own country.🤣

Edited by anthony7

That was a football match. We spend months getting excited for the next CMNT matchup and then we get that CONCACAF game. Ewww

Mexico's plan seem to have worked. They neutralize Canada's speed by the most boring means possible. Only one shot on target for Canada. Not a whole much to say about this one.

Sigur - Happy to actually see Sigur get actual minutes and not just a Kolescho camp. Wanted to see him in the midfield but Laryea played alot of minutes.

St.Clair - nice to see him have a good game. He never turned down a call even as a 3rd goalie. He deserved a game in this window.

Ahmed, Shaff and Choinière - 3 MLS guys have won playing time with their fantastic work. These three will definitely be a fixture for a while. All have been on the fringe in the last couple years and now I would be shocked if they don't get playing time.

Choinière was fantastic, be interesting to see where Grasshopper plays him.

Ahmed might be the starting winger moving forward, he was dangerous everytime he touched the ball. I just don't know if Ahmed, Millar and Oluwaseyi have the finishing touch to become stars for the national team.

A win and a tie versus Mexico and USA is a great window. 3 years ago, we were praying to beat Suriname and Haiti. The team has come a long way

9 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Biggest takeaway of this match has to be Flores day dreaming on the bench. The guy probably spent the whole game wondering if he fucked up. Guy gets a total of 0 minutes in this window. It’s pretty brutal if you can’t even step on the field for a few minutes in a FRIENDLY against your own country.🤣

I honestly don't know if he would even see the field for Canada. He is still so young and finally get real club minutes. He is talented though

25 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

I honestly don't know if he would even see the field for Canada. He is still so young and finally get real club minutes. He is talented though

Are you kidding me? In this game, he literally walks into the CAM position ahead of Invisible Oso. Like that’s a no brainer.🤣

Edited by anthony7

Remembering the extinct North American Football Cup (NAFC Cup) and taking into consideration the last 3 results between the USA, Canada and Mexico, Canada would have been crowned Champion.

03/24/24 Mexico 0-2 USA Arlington, Texas

09/07/24 USA 1-2 Canada Kansas City, Kansas

09/10/24 Canada 0-0 Mexico Arlington, Texas

Canada 4

USA 3

Mexico 1

Edited by xabuep2

1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

I would love to have him. He’s the type of player we don’t produce a lot of and having that 10 to connect everything we do have up front, on the wings, the 8s in the midfield and the marauding full backs would be awesome. I was hoping that could be Gauld but he’s gone. 

15 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I would love to have him. He’s the type of player we don’t produce a lot of and having that 10 to connect everything we do have up front, on the wings, the 8s in the midfield and the marauding full backs would be awesome. I was hoping that could be Gauld but he’s gone. 

Someone said the same thing about Gauld on Canada Soccer Reddit. Basically, he said that Osorio can’t do shit and Gauld would have been a dream. Flores & Gauld easily walk into the CAM position ahead of Passenger Oso.

Edited by anthony7

9 hours ago, narduch said:

Hesgoal is back? Interesting 

I watched the last 35 min on hesgoal, in Spanish, not great but fine. Missed the rest sleeping. 

Mexican commentary is very weak, I learned this in qualifying, one of the problems Mexican football has is poor analysis. A lot of fluff can't help a program get out of the mire.

8 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Mexico's tactics say everything about how far they've fallen and how scared they are of our pace. Cynical football. Let's bring on David, maybe Tani, and let's see if we can get the win. 

Mexico = Embarassing

It's really damning that they hired Aguirre for the third time and Marquez accepted to be his assistant. If they had any vision they'd have given it directly to Marquez and he'd have them playing well, exploiting quality on the ball. He was very sharp as Barça reserve coach and has real pedigree, apart from a fine demeanor.

7 hours ago, GasPed said:

Aerial balls are not Davies' specialty in general.  He doesn't judge the ball in the air very well (exception: WC goal), and it's worse when he's off balance or scrambling.  It's his Achilles heel (sort of) as an athlete. 

Davies I understand has poor eyesight and I wonder if his contacts aren't right. Just a thought. And maybe a dumb one considering his smashing header for our first World Cup goal.