June 6th friendly v Netherlands

Thoughts on what the Dutch will send out.  This what they did in March, also in a friendly.

Screenshot(2).png.d1b266534d4308cf314ef06fe75fbbc6.png

Their multitude of centre backs probably says 3 at the back again.

Malen played (a little) in the Champions League Final, Koopmeiners (not is the squad above but in the Euro one) and Frimpong in the Europa League last week as well.  Blind and van Dijk getting up there?  Rejinders played more basic midfield when I saw him at Alkmaar.  

So maybe a guess would be: (biased based on people I have seen I guess and the above)

---------------Gakpo - Weghorst----------

-------------------Simmons----------------

Bergwijn-Gravenberch-Rejinders-Dumfries

-------van de Ven-- de Ligt --Ake -----------

-------------------Verbruggen-------------

1 hour ago, jhoops__ said:

Good squad for sure but it’s definitely not France/Argentina quality.   Can’t wait to see how we set up.

Agreed, we can match them well in parts of the field I think. Then of course it's a crap shoot with our back line as we stand. 

I hope Marsch does not think that MLS is a really good league and that performing in MLS is enough to give you are start vs top opposition. Or: will Cornelius get shafted again?

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Agreed, we can match them well in parts of the field I think. Then of course it's a crap shoot with our back line as we stand. 

I hope Marsch does not think that MLS is a really good league and that performing in MLS is enough to give you are start vs top opposition. Or: will Cornelius get shafted again?

Suggesting Sweden is stronger than MLS? I thought Cornelius struggled in MLS but has been doing well in Sweden

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Suggesting Sweden is stronger than MLS? I thought Cornelius struggled in MLS but has been doing well in Sweden

Malmo is the strongest team by far in Sweden, it is probably too 5-6 in MLS.

Anyways, anyone seen the defending in MLS this year? It's non existent. The defensive system at Malmo is rigorous, trained, which can't be said about a single team in MLS. 

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Think it’s fair to say that DC has grown quite a bit since he left the whitecaps,  no? 

18 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Malmo is the strongest team by far in Sweden, it is probably too 5-6 in MLS.

Anyways, anyone seen the defending in MLS this year? It's non existent. The defensive system at Malmo is rigorous, trained, which can't be said about a single team in MLS. 

Interestingly enough, Malmo’s roster value (not a defining stat by any means) is $36.33, good for 19th in MLS, right below NYRB and VWC. MLS player values are obviously inflated due to the DPs and all, but thought it was interesting. Besides, we all know that Malmo gets to play champions league and has an easier path to sending players to bigger teams which is the real get. Not that Cornelius wouldn’t still be our best CB if he was say, the best CB in MLS instead of Sweden.

7 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Edit: It was mentioned before somewhere on the board (with pics) but the last bit of the video with the kids in a foreign (big football) country mobbing a Canadian player is bit surreal (still). 

For my money, Richie Laryea's "Beat the Keeper" comment to St. Clair takes 1st prize in the "All-time Wittiest Canadian Men's Soccer Quips" awards.

21 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Thoughts on what the Dutch will send out.  This what they did in March, also in a friendly.

Screenshot(2).png.d1b266534d4308cf314ef06fe75fbbc6.png

Their multitude of centre backs probably says 3 at the back again.

Malen played (a little) in the Champions League Final, Koopmeiners (not is the squad above but in the Euro one) and Frimpong in the Europa League last week as well.  Blind and van Dijk getting up there?  Rejinders played more basic midfield when I saw him at Alkmaar.  

So maybe a guess would be: (biased based on people I have seen I guess and the above)

---------------Gakpo - Weghorst----------

-------------------Simmons----------------

Bergwijn-Gravenberch-Rejinders-Dumfries

-------van de Ven-- de Ligt --Ake -----------

-------------------Verbruggen-------------

I follow the Dutch team closely and I have no idea but here are my thoughts. Koeman hasn’t really been clear if he intends to play 3 or 4 atb. 

Gk: verbruggen - he was next to koeman at the press conference with strong hints he’s starting.  

cbs. Van dijk in the middle. Ake lcb. De ligt rcb. 

-geertruida could also play rcb as he’s better in possession as a rcb but de ligt will likely start as he’s better defensively 

rwb- dumfries has always been #1. I don’t expect it to change right before euros. 

Lwb - blind.  Koeman says ake and van de ven can also play here but blind typically plays against a “lower” team for his build up.  

Cm schouten veerman.  -Koop, frenkie, and Reijnders are all likely to be unavailable.  That leave gravenberch and wijnaldum as options. Process of elimination. 

st- xavi depay gakpo.  - malen just got into camp, gakpo is really trusted, xavi needs minutes to gel.  Depay could potentially drop out to not risk him but i think he starts.  

On 6/4/2024 at 1:25 PM, jhoops__ said:

Good squad for sure but it’s definitely not France/Argentina quality.   Can’t wait to see how we set up.

Argentina and France they have nothing in common about style 

Argentina is more like Uruguay Croatia Greece Turkey or Spain kind of football,  possession and etc

France Is full power but Griezmann who is their flair player in the national team he plays as #10

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Argentina and France they have nothing in common about style 

Argentina is more like Uruguay Croatia Greece Turkey or Spain kind of football,  possession and etc

France Is full power but Griezmann who is their flair player in the national team he plays as #10

Pogba is the other different player but he is suspended

France players are mostly very similar ,   good players but no # 8 or 10.  Payer etc

New French midfielders don't have a clue

Edited by JAVIERF

1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

Pogba is the other different player but he is suspended

France players are mostly very similar ,   good players but no # 8 or 10.  Payer etc

New French midfielders don't have a clue

The only one that doesn't have a clue is you. First of all the only comparison he was making was QUALITY levels not style. Try reading people's posts before you throw your 2 pesos in. Way to respond to your own post btw. I have a feeling you spend a lot of time talking to yourself. Just a hunch.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, longlugan said:

The only one that doesn't have a clue is you. First of all the only comparison he was making was QUALITY levels not style. Try reading people's posts before you throw your 2 pesos in. Way to respond to your own post btw. I have a feeling you spend a lot of time talking to yourself. Just a hunch.

Hey im just saying that France doesn't have good mids ,   is that so offensive for you,?   Too much coffee today?  How is summer approaching over there?  Fat sweats a lot during the summer everywhere some may say.  Not me.  

Don't take it so personal , it is just  football!!  In the opening match we can check who is right,.. wrong 

And I will look for you after match  @longlugan 

Maybe you are right or wrong 

Edited by JAVIERF

35 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Hey im just saying that France doesn't have good mids ,   is that so offensive for you,?   Too much coffee today?  How is summer approaching over there?  Fat sweats a lot during the summer everywhere some may say.  Not me.  

Don't take it so personal , it is just  football!!  In the opening match we can check who is right,.. wrong 

You apparently still can't read. The comparison made was in regards to the level of quality...not the style of play. Which part of that did you not understand. You're so eager to listen to yourself talk that you don't hear what other people are saying.

In response to your other comments...I work nights running a big construction project so I actually just woke up but won't have my first coffee until I drive in to work.

Summer is starting very nicely here...some rain, some sun but enjoyable over all.

Fat sweats? With your limited English I'm not sure what you mean but I'm guessing that was an insinuation directed at me. I'm not sure why you think I'm fat but even if I were what does that have to do with anything? Weird.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be right or wrong about. I was merely pointing out your reading comprehension deficiency which is now even more apparent.

You are a bizarre dude to say the least but it takes all sorts to make the world go round so 'Carry On'.

1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

Things are heating up!youtube oh no you didnt GIF

1 hour ago, longlugan said:

You apparently still can't read. The comparison made was in regards to the level of quality...not the style of play. Which part of that did you not understand. You're so eager to listen to yourself talk that you don't hear what other people are saying.

In response to your other comments...I work nights running a big construction project so I actually just woke up but won't have my first coffee until I drive in to work.

Summer is starting very nicely here...some rain, some sun but enjoyable over all.

Fat sweats? With your limited English I'm not sure what you mean but I'm guessing that was an insinuation directed at me. I'm not sure why you think I'm fat but even if I were what does that have to do with anything? Weird.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be right or wrong about. I was merely pointing out your reading comprehension deficiency which is now even more apparent.

You are a bizarre dude to say the least but it takes all sorts to make the world go round so 'Carry On'.

When it is getting hot it gets hot, hotter climate can make people very unpleasant and irritated such as with 2 cups of of expresso, ... tesdeschi @longlugan