Kevin Blue named CSA General Secretary and CEO

narduch

44 minutes ago, red card said:

When speaking especially without prepared notes, people often don't provide all the details, misspeak and/or get facts wrong. 

Interviews are also usually edited which at least in this article was disclosed as being done for length & clarity. Based on previous Westhead soccer articles, he and his editor don't know enough about the sport to make all the proper edits.

For Blue, unlike his most recent predecessors, he didn't make any major faux pas statements that could be misconstrued by low information fans/media or bad faith actors.

Yup, not disagreeing with you. But that's why I found the $4m number puzzling/interesting. As in, if we earned $6m from the tournament, that's the number I would have thought would be out there/talked about.

17 hours ago, rkomar said:

Perhaps Blue wasn't counting the $2m as prize money, since everyone got it for participating.

Yeah, makes sense to me in the context of what he was saying.

Blue: We budgeted for $30 million but revenue and costs were both significantly higher because of the Copa America. There was $4 million (U.S.) in prize money for that tournament, and costs were not that high, so it was a positive result for us.

The $2 million would've already been known and would've been part of the $30 million budget. The $4 million is extra that you can't really budget for ahead of time. I guess saying costs were higher because of Copa America doesn't make sense in that context though, because they would've known that ahead of time.