September and October 2024 friendly matches (plans, speculation, rumours etc.)

8 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Keep watching his Napoli highlights on replay bud… stepped one foot into retirement when he came over to TFC… we’ve tried and can’t get rid of him.

I give you it to you, that he’s better than our starting left winger (Shaff or Millar), but if you compare position by position, every single CMNT starter is better than every TFC starter… Berna vs Tajon would be close. 

Lmao oh shit, you thought I was serious 😂😂, that guy is a walking turnover.

8 hours ago, vancanman said:

Short answer:   Nike

At first I wasn't sold on the white jersey but after getting one I loved it.  When we were in KC I noticed a few knockoff ones at the game that were a different shade... a cleaner white.  It wasn't until then that I noticed ours were more of a cream white.  Hence my need for laser eye surgery.

On 8/21/2024 at 4:55 PM, JamboAl said:

But it’s been a long time since the south end of BMO was $20 and with inflation, I wouldn’t expect tickets to be that price again.  

Probably. On the other hand, the north stand (131 to 134) tickets are only $25+screwmaster fees. ($34.75 each based on a pair.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 1:59 PM, frattinator said:

Just saw this on Wikipedia, is this something that's been rumored? Or is it just a zealous dream from a Malaysian fan?

image.png.8e5e080562f6306653e8b22f05c06de4.png

Just circling back to confirm that this was a bull💩 Wikipedia edit.

Malaysia are headed south to play New Zealand in October.

https://www.fam.org.my/news/siaran-media-skuad-harimau-malaya-sah-aksi-bertemu-new-zealand-pada-14-oktober-2024

https://www.nzfootball.co.nz/newsarticle/144801?newsfeedId=1275622

54 minutes ago, narduch said:

My guess was a game against CPL All-Stars

Not that I'm saying I dislike this idea but the window runs from October 7-15 and the CPL season runs until the 19th. I can't imagine the CPL would want to interrupt their season like this, although crazier things have happened for the sake of exposure. 

I do agree that it should be at a CPL venue, although I'm hesitant on sending CMNT players to get dressed in shipping containers in Halifax, despite CWNT being subjected to that. I'll welcome a match in Ottawa - both Atletico and REDBLACKS are away that week, although the Panda Game is the 6th.

1 minute ago, Mihairokov said:

Not that I'm saying I dislike this idea but the window runs from October 7-15 and the CPL season runs until the 19th. I can't imagine the CPL would want to interrupt their season like this, although crazier things have happened for the sake of exposure. 

I do agree that it should be at a CPL venue, although I'm hesitant on sending CMNT players to get dressed in shipping containers in Halifax, despite CWNT being subjected to that. I'll welcome a match in Ottawa - both Atletico and REDBLACKS are away that week, although the Panda Game is the 6th.

Ya. I did notice that. You would maybe have to cancel the entire weekend of games and extend the season 1 week. I guess where there's a will there's a way.

I figure this hypothetical game would be Saturday October 12. Although I guess you could play on the Friday as well.

Watch it end up at Tim Horton's field.

6 minutes ago, jdheid said:

Maybe a team made up of the 3 MLS team's players? He is the MLS Canada Soccer head coach after all.

Vancouver Whitecaps play during the window unfortunately. It's their rescheduled game due to LAFC making the Leagues Cup final