MLS Match Updates and Talk 2024

Big_M

24 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Montreal is playing like shit. 

Except for Sirois. If I had to bet the coincidence of the game being stolen by the refs being just before the international break was probably unfortunate as they got to stew in it a bit... 

Hopefully, Courtois can get them in a better place during halftime.

Edited by phil03

I've no idea what Herdman and his gigantic coaching staff were thinking of leaving Coello on for the 2nd half when he had a poor first half and you've got Flores sitting healthy on the bench. The majority of those glorious KC chances in the first half came from Coello either giving the ball away, being dispossessed or being out of position and that continued into the 2nd half, but they didn't take him off until he took a yellow and the team fell behind. In game like that where the opposition is only creating chances from midfield giveaways, it seemed insane to leave the main culprit on the field when one of your best players through the first five games is sitting on the bench. And I have no love for Honduran players so this is not a case of me saying this because I'm watching the match through Honduran-coloured glasses.

feels like it could be the beginning of the downfall of toronto this year...loss at home with three conceded against a team missing two of their best offensive players, all these players missing including insigne for weeks and laryea months and two long trips coming up for away games on artificial surfaces

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I've no idea what Herdman and his gigantic coaching staff were thinking of leaving Coello on for the 2nd half when he had a poor first half and you've got Flores sitting healthy on the bench. The majority of those glorious KC chances in the first half came from Coello either giving the ball away, being dispossessed or being out of position and that continued into the 2nd half, but they didn't take him off until he took a yellow and the team fell behind. In game like that where the opposition is only creating chances from midfield giveaways, it seemed insane to leave the main culprit on the field when one of your best players through the first five games is sitting on the bench. And I have no love for Honduran players so this is not a case of me saying this because I'm watching the match through Honduran-coloured glasses.

Thought Coello was terrible tonight.  I can’t imagine he starts next game.

8 hours ago, Watchmen said:

The left is fine.  If you're waiting for him to be CM, you're going to be waiting a while.  It's not really how they've used him most of the time.

Last year, though he started out in preseason as a left wingback, he then was more used in a central position.  They signed two Cancon wingbacks and used them to do those jobs.

Edited by BearcatSA

26 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Last year, though he started out in preseason as a left wingback, he then was more was used in a central position.  They signed two Cancon wingbacks and used them to do those jobs.

Right. Adekugbe replaced him and played there, so yeah let's see where the pieces fall when Sam is fully fit. (How many players do we have playing wingback around the globe?) 

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Last year, though he started out in preseason as a left wingback, he then was more used in a central position.  They signed two Cancon wingbacks and used them to do those jobs.

True, he's wider now than he was in the old 3-5-2 formation.  Yet another reason why Vanni's shift to 3-4-3 makes little sense.

Was happy to see Johnson get a good half hour run out.  Don't know what White's status will be for next week, but could see that again.  At the very least, I think we'll be seeing him as a regular late game sub (last 10 minutes sort of situation).

its right back to the old toronto...weak all over the field and dps who dont perform or are absent...seven goals conceded in the last two with another long trip for an away game coming up this time to charlotte