MLS Match Updates and Talk 2024

Big_M

2 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Yep and a) Red was VERY strict and b) it was plainly out of the box. 

He had a moment of weakness when his team was more or less utterly set up by the refs and with all due respect, if it was your club who had been victim of that refereing you'd be singing a VERY different tune right now.

The elbow was in the box. It happened in the buildup but they played advantage or something … who knows they were kind of making it up as they went along. 

How much are the refs asking for that it’s worth ruining matches?

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The elbow was in the box. It happened in the buildup but they played advantage or something … who knows they were kind of making it up as they went along. 

How much are the refs asking for that it’s worth ruining matches?

By my reading it was just outside of it but like you said: it shouldn't have mattered. 

EDIT: And MLS actually has the audacity to present this as a great thriller of a game on their social media accounts... Thankfully plenty of people are calling them out on it.

Edited by phil03

5 minutes ago, phil03 said:

By my reading it was just outside of it but like you said: it shouldn't have mattered. 

EDIT: And MLS actually has the audacity to present this as a great thriller of a game on their social media accounts... Thankfully plenty of people are calling them out on it.

It happened right in the box - there was no question about it. But it was a very tame elbow to the side and not a red. 

Like seriously, Sirois is the one reason MTL was in contention for CanChamp and playoffs last year when we should have been dead last. This year he basically stole points against Orlando, Dallas and Miami. To use a game with what not only Impact fans but neutral observers on this forum and elsewhere online call a historically badly refereed game to say he is actually not all that good is utterly unfair.

Like, I can indulge in the Canadian Classique a bit too much myself but to TFC fans I have a request: lets try to see things outside of the rivalry gogles a bit here...

Edited by phil03

4 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Like seriously, Sirois is the one reason MTL was in contention for CanChamp and playoffs last dead when we should have been dead last. This year he basically stole points against Orlando, Dallas and Miami. To use a game with what not only Impact fans but neutral observers on this forum and elsewhere online call an historically badly refereed game to say he is actually all that good is utterly unfair.

Like, I can indulge in the Canadian Classique a bit too much myself but to TFC fans I have a request: lets try to see things outside of the rivalry gogles a bit here...

Good call mate. I'm a TFC fan, and that game sickened me. I feel bad for Sirois, and agree, he has stolen quite a few points for CFM and played very well. Don't be bothered by posts by certain posters, it's their schtick. He mocks the Canadians on TFC as well! LOL.

8 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Good call mate. I'm a TFC fan, and that game sickened me. I feel bad for Sirois, and agree, he has stolen quite a few points for CFM and played very well. Don't be bothered by posts by certain posters, it's their schtick. He mocks the Canadians on TFC as well! LOL.

Thank you :) I would also say that mess like today are bad for the league's reputation and therefore ultimately bad for both of our club as a result. Its one of the big issue not just in Soccer but in life overall these days: people are often bad at seeing the big picture :P

7 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Fwiw the MLS highlights don't even show the red card. Did he go to VAR for it?

Nope, and it was also not used on the first offside goal of Chicago that replay showed was offside...

3 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Nope, and it was also not used on the first offside goal of Chicago that replay showed was offside...

So the red just let the game continue and then came back at a stoppage and awarded a penalty kick and gave a red card? That's an interesting advantage.

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

So the red just let the game continue and then came back at a stoppage and awarded a penalty kick and gave a red card? That's an interesting advantage.

Pretty much...