MLS Match Updates and Talk 2024

Big_M

16 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Flores has been quietly impressive in his destroyer role.  That one factor alone makes the team a tougher opponent to break down.  

I tell ya, TFC was nowhere close to as bad a team people believed last year.  Look no further than Bob's toxicity and MB playing the middle with no legs as the two biggest reasons for the failure that was 2023.

17 minutes ago, costarg said:

I tell ya, TFC was nowhere close to as bad a team people believed last year.  Look no further than Bob's toxicity and MB playing the middle with no legs as the two biggest reasons for the failure that was 2023.

Watching a much maligned guy like O'Neill is the kind of role player who can do a job out there for you if the right key players are around him.

32 minutes ago, costarg said:

It's amazing given the career/reputation Bob Bradley had before he got to Toronto, how absolutely brutal a coach/manager he was.  Every decision he made, he got wrong.

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

It's amazing given the career/reputation Bob Bradley had before he got to Toronto, how absolutely brutal a coach/manager he was.  Every decision he made, he got wrong.

Having a father-(declining, captain)son relationship leading the dressing room was never going to work.  You and I both felt that way from the get go and I believe you posted such at the time (correct me if I am wrong).

33 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Having a father-(declining, captain)son relationship leading the dressing room was never going to work.  You and I both felt that way from the get go and I believe you posted such at the time (correct me if I am wrong).

Honestly, I don't think so. Pretty sure I actually thought it might work, again given Bob's resume and re🙄putation.  

3 hours ago, Ivan said:

Honestly, I don't think so. Pretty sure I actually thought it might work, again given Bob's resume and re🙄putation.  

Thought it was you because you are always a good prognosticator around here, my bad.  Somebody mentioned it and I eventually hopped on the bandwagon with that at the end of the 2022 season when Forza Italia didn't lead the team to the playoffs and the team looked a disorganized group of individuals.  I remember posting that if it was anyone with less pedigree than Bradley running the show, he would have been canned.

44 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Thought it was you because you are always a good prognosticator around here, my bad.  Somebody mentioned it and I eventually hopped on the bandwagon with that at the end of the 2022 season when Forza Italia didn't lead the team to the playoffs and the team looked a disorganized group of individuals.  I remember posting that if it was anyone with less pedigree than Bradley running the show, he would have been canned.

Thanks for that.  But my prognostication (hope) in this case was definitely wrong, and you were definitely right! What a f...ing disaster that turned out to be.

53 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Thanks for that.  But my prognostication (hope) in this case was definitely wrong, and you were definitely right! What a f...ing disaster that turned out to be.

I got lucky, which happens once in a blue moon around here.

And definitely, an epic f'n disaster!

I am personally not too worried for Saliba he is genuinely one of our best midfielders and someone the club will probably want to sell for a good price as part of our development/business model so he will get plenty of minutes now that he is healthy.

Courtois probably just want to ease him in a bit considering he has been injured for a while and has missed not only the first games but a good chunk of the preseason camp and friendlies as well, that's all.