Canadian Total Goal Stats by League

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I just added Greece, lord know why.

Vrablic scored once for Olympiakos, and had some in Belgium at Seraing.

Billy Domazetis played a season in Greece, I can’t recall where anymore but I believe it wasn’t the top division.

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

Billy Domazetis played a season in Greece, I can’t recall where anymore but I believe it wasn’t the top division.

I see Transfermarkt has it, but I didn't see it as I did not find him on my other list of Canadians in Greece. Also had three in Belgium. Onto it.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

According to Jordan in this thread, in Pas Ioannina, in 1990. 

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/75404-derek-cornelius/page/11/

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I just added Greece, lord know why.

Hey, if you're going to stoop that low, remember to put up Liga MX too (Cavallini, now on 33 goals)!

(I'm not going to suggest Uruguayan Primera Division though...  ...we have to have some standards 😉

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Stathis Kappos, thanks, never heard of him. An almost 20 year pro career, exclusively in Greece.

I remember him, he played against Barbados in 2004 (I looked that up)  I know he was a common name mentioned back then, I'm sure you would have been aware of him then and have just forgotten.

13 hours ago, GasPed said:

Hey, if you're going to stoop that low, remember to put up Liga MX too (Cavallini, now on 33 goals)!

(I'm not going to suggest Uruguayan Primera Division though...  ...we have to have some standards 😉

I wasn't dissing Greece, I was dissing myself for doing such things on a Sunday.

If someone can help, or gives me a reliable list on Liga MX, I'll post it. But I think we only have Cav, don't we?

Cavallini had goals in Uruguay, just saying.

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I wasn't dissing Greece, I was dissing myself for doing such things on a Sunday.

If someone can help, or gives me a reliable list on Liga MX, I'll post it. But I think we only have Cav, don't we?

Would assume Tibor Vigh scored and there’s a good chance John Kerr Sr. did but won’t be going out of my way to figure out.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yeah regarding Liga MX, I think the list I posted earlier is the best we can do, simply because there are no online records available for the guys who played in the 1900's:

• Lucas Cavallini - 33 (active)
  • Paul James - Unknown
  • John Kerr Sr. - Unknown
  • Tibor Vigh - Unknown

For instance, we can figure out Paul James played with Monterrey 1985-87, but I cannot find anywhere that lists his stats from that time.  Same with Kerr Sr. and Vigh.  And as much as my OCD makes me want to go down the rabbit hole, I have an obligatory life I have to get to.  😉

And regarding Uruguay - yes, exactly - I know Cavallini scored something like 40 goals there, but is that a "top flight league"?  Our well-travelled national team member, Issey Nakajima-Farran, scored in the Danish Superliga, the A-league, the Cypriot First Division, the Malaysia Super League and the Singapore Premier League, but I just can't bring myself to count those as "top flight leagues".  (Maybe Superliga, but not the others.)

Edited by GasPed

1 hour ago, GasPed said:

Yeah regarding Liga MX, I think the list I posted earlier is the best we can do, simply because there are no online records available for the guys who played in the 1900's:

• Lucas Cavallini - 33 (active)
  • Paul James - Unknown
  • John Kerr Sr. - Unknown
  • Tibor Vigh - Unknown

For instance, we can figure out Paul James played with Monterrey 1985-87, but I cannot find anywhere that lists his stats from that time.  Same with Kerr Sr. and Vigh.  And as much as my OCD makes me want to go down the rabbit hole, I have an obligatory life I have to get to.  😉

And regarding Uruguay - yes, exactly - I know Cavallini scored something like 40 goals there, but is that a "top flight league"?  Our well-travelled national team member, Issey Nakajima-Farran, scored in the Danish Superliga, the A-league, the Cypriot First Division, the Malaysia Super League and the Singapore Premier League, but I just can't bring myself to count those as "top flight leagues".  (Maybe Superliga, but not the others.)

I meant a top flight league in a given country. Not top leagues. 

I think Uruguay is a strong enough league, they have Nacional and Peñarol, then a major drop off, it is not too far from the Scotland model. Maybe their 3rd and 4th are in fact weaker than the Hearts and Hibs and Aberdeens, but statistically it is quite similar.

The more leagues I add the more I'll have to update. Right now we don't have anyone scoring anywhere apart from the leagues listed, except I guess Cav in MX. We have  guys in Norway, and Austria, so those will go next.

3 hours ago, Buchta said:

This source says that Tibor scored 10 goals for Laguna during the 1969/70 season.

http://soccerstats.us/bios/tibor-vigh/

http://soccerstats.us/games/29768/

If you don't mind, I am going to hold off on things from further back in time. Mostly because of the difficulty in confirming data. But perhaps I'll get to a point to decide to include more historical stats, and start putting them in. Like NASL as well.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MauditYvon said:

Denmark 

Atiba Hutchinson 22
Issey Nakajima-Farran 6
Patrice Bernier 5
Ali Gerba 4
Andrew Ornoch 1

Please add Ricardo Ferreira 2 goals in Portugal

I've been sleeping on this these last weeks. I think I'm a bit behind on MLS. But appreciate this.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Embarrassing. 

They maybe meant this year but mostly they don't know what they mean, they talk off some sheet a junior editor did for them. 

The real issue is they think their viewers won't understand if they say hey look, the outside left defender pushed deep to the far post.