Alyson Walker

scooterlawrence5

Unless something unforeseeable and serious literally came up today, I have to take this as extremely unprofessional from Walker. The way it's worded it's as if she actually just now sat down and thought about it with her family and decided it wasn't a good idea, which is obviously way too fucking late. I don't know why anyone would hire her after this (though judging by the last sentence, perhaps a different job is the reason for this decision). This is total horseshit.

6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Unless something unforeseeable and serious literally came up today, I have to take this as extremely unprofessional from Walker. The way it's worded it's as if she actually just now sat down and thought about it with her family and decided it wasn't a good idea, which is obviously way too fucking late. I don't know why anyone would hire her after this (though judging by the last sentence, perhaps a different job is the reason for this decision). This is total horseshit.

Or as she was getting deeper into what her job is, she realized the crap show the CSA is.  And decided the squeeze ain't worth the juice.

A carefully constructed press release will have nothing to do with what the reality really is.  

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

In the athletic there’s an article that cites health issues. Soccer Canada became aware last week and appointed Biello till March because of it.

I would imagine the diagnosis is pretty serious.

Could be but expressing a health issue in a release isn't giving away too much information especially after it was leaked out in the press.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

In the athletic there’s an article that cites health issues. Soccer Canada became aware last week and appointed Biello till March because of it.

I would imagine the diagnosis is pretty serious.

Just read that now, thanks for the update. Here's the relevant clip below. This is one of the possibilities that could be legitimate, so I'll withhold my judgment (not that it matters), but I think there's still a good chance this was not handled well.

Canada Soccer general secretary Alyson Walker has stepped down from her role one month after being hired due to a health issue, sources briefed on the move tell The Athletic. The nature of Walker’s health issue is not known at this time.

2 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

Or as she was getting deeper into what her job is, she realized the crap show the CSA is.  And decided the squeeze ain't worth the juice.

A carefully constructed press release will have nothing to do with what the reality really is.  

I know we love a good conspiracy theory here but this doesn't make sense to me. Why would she wait until she was about to start? What would she have learned, she wasn't even on the job yet? The only thing that makes any sort of sense is that Biello was appointed in the interim without her input, but her citing 'personal reasons' on her LinkedIn would not be advisable for a number of reasons.

It's not a huge leap to get to once she actually put her boots on the ground that she finally got a true sense of what she would have to be dealing with.  She likely knew this was a reclamation project but didn't quite know the extent of the obstacles until she actually got deeper into her role.

Maybe.

9 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

It's not a huge leap to get to once she actually put her boots on the ground that she finally got a true sense of what she would have to be dealing with.  She likely knew this was a reclamation project but didn't quite know the extent of the obstacles until she actually got deeper into her role.

Maybe.

I think this makes the Biello news less surprising now, in all likelihood they new and acted quickly and then someone leaked that she was about to step down because she can’t continue.

irregardless of the federation, stepping down on your first day is career suicide for an exec.  It has to be a legitimate excuse, there’s no way she just balked like that they day of or week before.

If there is a real health issue (can’t assume anything else at this point), I will never condemn anyone for having a change of heart.  

Imagine if any of us found out that we had just been diagnosed with cancer (for example) and the fans said: “screw it, you have to continue on”, you know what we would tell the fans…

A health issue is a health issue and obviously is understandable. Hope she's alright. 

If not, what the hell is wrong with this organization? How can they possibly be this incompetent? At what point do they not only clean the house but demolish it and build it from the ground

2 minutes ago, sandman said:

Hard to give the CSA the benefit of the doubt here. 

Exactly, where there's smoke there's fire 

How sad that our men's and women's teams are finally where we hoped they would be all this time, and the damn federation can't do a job every other major country can. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

Man......the lead up to us hosting has been EPIC. 

I honestly have no words.

Good luck to her. If she is going through things hope she will be all right. 

But this lead up has to be the worst in WC history. No coach, no GS, no camps, no friendlies and no money.

We might as well call up amateurs for the WC.

What an embarrassing shit show this situation is that we find ourselves in!

18 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

One month after accepting the job??  WOW, thats a new one for me.  They just keep finding new ways to F#ck up soccer in this country.  

And here I thought it was a lack of creativity keeping this organization from being successful...