Marcus Caldeira

Xavier.

• Xavier. changed the title to Marcus Caldeira
2 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Was it expected he would go so late?

By some sources this is late, by others it is early. Too hard to truly say.

At striker, Minnesota have Pukki and another Canadian from last year's draft: Tani Oluwaseyi (who did really well on loan at San Antonio). I won't pretend to know much about their players. They traded up for him which is a good sign.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ranked as the #5 best player in the Top 100 players in NCAA for the upcoming season.

The only other Canadians I am seeing in the Top 100 are:

83 - Jaden Manetta from Burnaby, BC and playing for Seattle University

88 - Saad Chaouki from Montreal, Quebec and playing for Portland University

96 - Chris Album from Vancouver, BC and playing for Wisconsin - Green Bay University

Edited by Corazon

17 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I believe he is still Minnesota's property as you can not draft and stash in the MLS 

Isn't that exactly what Minnesota did?

I don't think they have officially signed him.

Technically he could sign anywhere else in the world if he wanted

54 minutes ago, Shway said:

Is he a 10? I know @ahmedou made a whole thread about making the striker position great again but I feel the 10 (which we desperately need) is becoming a lost position in the world of false 9s. 

It's a position the sport in general desperately needs right now. 

12 hours ago, Shway said:

Is he a 10? I know @ahmedou made a whole thread about making the striker position great again but I feel the 10 (which we desperately need) is becoming a lost position in the world of false 9s. 

Although I agree, and we are desperate for a "10". We simply dont play with an attacking "10". 

If we play 4-2-2-2 then we have one striker who plays off the top striker like david does but you could see marsch making adjustments to keep david up higher. This system doesnt utilize a 10. 

If we play 4-3-3 it looks like we will have a 6 and 2 -8's. Similar to a guy like odegaard who is an 8-10 hyrbid. 

With marsielle considering kone as a 10, I'd say we are unlikely to play with a true 10 in the next few years.