General MLS Talk 2024

Big_M

2 minutes ago, saladroit said:

atlanta residents might have other things to do, like dealing with the state of emergency after the water main broke 😅

I saw that. US seems to be falling apart

6 hours ago, narduch said:

I saw that. US seems to be falling apart

Since Reagan convinced them all that they shouldn't have to pay taxes, they haven't spent anything on maintaining their infrastructure. After 4 decades, shit starts to break down.

10 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Nice. Another Mexican coming back from. Europe to play in a lower league. They are almost a completely domestic team at this point. I truly think we can pass them for #2 in the next few cycles.

We have to pass Jamaica first 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

posted in match updates by mistake

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

the bottom two teams wake up a little late with over 10 points away from playoff spots and decide to make changes...skc part ways with technical director and vp of player personel brian bliss and say theres an announcement coming concerning the clubs technical staff...they need to get vermes out asap...san jose part ways with head coach gonzalez...made playoffs last year but was a disaster this year...ian russell who did very well in uslc is the interim coach

Sporting Kansas City part ways with Brian Bliss

San Jose Earthquakes part ways with Luchi Gonzalez

6 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

The reason the Caps will be in a playoff spot because these two teams, plus Dallas, are pretty weak.  I see a bump in form but not enough to pose a threat.

skc and dallas are this low because of vermes and estevez...interim luccin with dallas has 2 wins in 3 games and wouldve been 3 in 3 if they didnt blow a 2-0 lead in the last 15 vs seattle...san jose is just usually weak...never finished higher than 6th in the west in the last 10+ years and mostly missed playoffs...seattle is getting in form and will climb the table and make playoffs...question is who in the top 9 will slip towards the end and miss out?

23 hours ago, Big_M said:

interim luccin with dallas has 2 wins in 3 games and wouldve been 3 in 3 if they didnt blow a 2-0 lead in the last 15 vs seattle...

They've blown other leads this year.  I know they are missing a few injured guys but they don't strike me as a very good team and look in need of personnel upgrades.  I wonder what moves will happen in this transfer window?

Edited by BearcatSA