Euro 2024

narduch

6 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Seems like a design flaw to funnel rain from the roof onto supporters in a series of waterfalls.

Not the efficient German engineering we were told about 

Was not going to comment the goal, but there is a detail I like about Slovakia that I was going to apply to us, but thinking of them as the underdog, like us.

They are extremely good at measuring whether they are getting to a tackle or not, the containment in defensive holding is excellent. That is the kind of simple maturity I'd like to see more from us. Then, when they have the ball, they do nothing amazing, just keep it moving, find their man, advance. But I really like how you can contain as a block, hold, know that there is no place to put a foot in and stand between your man and his passes.

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was not going to comment the goal, but there is a detail I like about Slovakia that I was going to apply to us, but thinking of them as the underdog, like us.

They are extremely good at measuring whether they are getting to a tackle or not, the containment in defensive holding is excellent. That is the kind of simple maturity I'd like to see more from us. Then, when they have the ball, they do nothing amazing, just keep it moving, find their man, advance. But I really like how you can contain as a block, hold, know that there is no place to put a foot in and stand between your man and his passes.

In Football like Hockey Slovakia is a very under appreciated 

50 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is a good team.  Well organized.  Great work rate.  Predatory up top. 

12 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

This is a good team.  Well organized.  Great work rate.  Predatory up top. 

And every single player is physically confident, serene, the whole temperament of the team is so even. 

Love to see us get to that kind of smoothness, thinking of how we were unstable a man up in two matches we needed to keep a result.

37 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So if anyone is watching Spain, one of the crispest teams in the Euros: there's one player playing unexpectedly great, probably not even thought of as a Spain starter, but having a surprising tournament. Who am I thinking about?

I have no idea, but I will say their wingers are both the youngest (at a combined age of 37) and the best I've seen in this tournament so far.  😲

3 minutes ago, GasPed said:

I have no idea, but I will say their wingers are both the youngest (at a combined age of 37) and the best I've seen in this tournament so far.  😲

Both are unreal.

Navas is older than both combined.

I'm thinking Cucurella is killing it, he's been outrageously good.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

8 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Two ex-Championship players dragging England back from the brink.

The One player whomore or less got his Football education while Playing for Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga and now stars for Real Madrid  in La Liga  .  Two leagues according to the English that are Farmer Leagues