Euro 2024

narduch

Probably the highest quality match of the Euro so far. I thought both teams might play for the comfortable, mutually beneficial draw, but Spain wasn't interested in that at all. Looked like Italy was playing a man down for most of the first 60 minutes, but I still wouldn't count them out from the tournament. Big game vs Croatia coming up for them.  If England can barely handle Denmark's press, what would they do with Spain, I wonder.

18 hours ago, Mihairokov said:

Very fun tournament so far. Feel like Germany is such a great natural host as they're in the middle of the continent with a ton of people and infrastructure for everything.

Great stadium atmospheres & quite good matches but trains have been a problem. As seen elsewhere with infrastructure spending, Deutsche Bahn funding hasn't kept up. 

1 minute ago, kacbru said:

VAR is so exciting... 

I know it has its downsides but I am still supportive of the idea that the making the correct decision is paramount.  That isn’t to say that the implementation couldn’t be tweaked, but as an overall way of counteracting human error among officials I support it.  

I have come to accept it on the black/white type calls, but that last one was more subjective. The ref and linesman made a subjective call, then it goes to committee to debate it, to confirm their subjective call. 

They got it right, but really disrupts the flow.