Euro 2024

narduch

24 minutes ago, red card said:

In the Sky video report, the reporter says eyewitnesses told him England fans were caught up in the incident but he didn't see any English fans. 

Other reports also said different things or reinforced it. For instance, Athletic says "Local police indicated that the incident involved fans from both England and Serbia...They also confirmed — contrary to some social media reports — that no Albanian citizens have been connected to the incident.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5568297/2024/06/16/england-serbia-fans-police/

But again, what you said Sky said is not true.

Massive 3-0 win for Romania over Ukraine. Looking  at the club teams for the Romanian players one has to wonder if Theo could have made it on this Romanian team. I really hope  he can get consistent mins next season and is called to the CMNT. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Massive 3-0 win for Romania over Ukraine. Looking  at the club teams for the Romanian players one has to wonder if Theo could have made it on this Romanian team. I really hope  he can get consistent mins next season and is called to the CMNT. 

Romania were dominant

3 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

Surprised to hear this is statisically the biggest upset in Euro history.  Are the FIFA rankings that delayed? ELO has this as a 9 v 48 matchup which reflects their relative levels, IMO

In FIfA rankings it was 3 v 48.

4 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

Surprised to hear this is statisically the biggest upset in Euro history.  Are the FIFA rankings that delayed? ELO has this as a 9 v 48 matchup which reflects their relative levels, IMO

Rankings aside, there are some incredible players ,still and coming up, in that Belgium side.

Unlucky there but still should be doing better.

Full credit to the Slovakian team though.

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

In FIfA rankings it was 3 v 48.

So this result will knock Belgium down to FIFA 5 and ELO 17, then. Got it 😋

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Rankings aside, there are some incredible players ,still and coming up, in that Belgium side.

Unlucky there but still should be doing better.

Full credit to the Slovakian team though.

Belgium were a bit unlucky and probably should have drawn, all things considered. They ran that second half. Hats off to the Slovaks for making the group interesting.

18 hours ago, Mihairokov said:

I would theorize that in previous years when less teams made the Euros (ie. 8 and 16) the difference in FiFA rankings between participants was less likely to be significant. 

17 minutes ago, Metro said:

I would theorize that in previous years when less teams made the Euros (ie. 8 and 16) the difference in FiFA rankings between participants was less likely to be significant. 

Definitely true, and North Macedonia weren't beating anyone when they qualified.

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Mbappe just broke his beak.  Nose was definitely off center after that collision.  

Looks like he will likely miss the Holland match. They are apparently designing a face mask for him.

Screenshot_20240618_061951_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4406da12d795ec2d166c7bca3ef3a2ac.jpg

Edited by nolando

Go Czechia (and Soucek - Potato Salad King - and Coufal)

beat those Ronaldo-led Portuguese

(Though those Portuguese kids yelling the anthem was fun) 

Edit: Good game in the end.  Defensive errors and letting people around your box too much killed Czechia in the end. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Go Czechia (and Soucek - Potato Salad King - and Coufal)

beat those Ronaldo-led Portuguese

(Though those Portuguese kids yelling the anthem was fun) 

Edit: Good game in the end.  Defensive errors and letting people around your box too much killed Czechia in the end. 

They tried to do what Slovakia did but came up short. Portugal were clearly the better team.

4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

They tried to do what Slovakia did but came up short. Portugal were clearly the better team.

It's one of reasons I always resist calls to park the bus and hope for a counter against good teams. (Despite it working for my team to a limited degree)

And one of the reasons I was excited for Marsch.  The hope of his system is to keep the pressure on the ball away from your defending third. Too many little things can mean goals against there.

Tomorrow's games for EURO 

9 AM- Croatia 🇭🇷 vs Albania 🇦🇱 

12 PM- Germany 🇩🇪 (hosts) vs Hungary 🇭🇺 

3 PM- Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭 

Some Canadian tv numbers for the Euros:

Italy/Albania: 565k on TSN. On the same Saturday, Jays got 527k, Lions/Stamps got 345k and Oilers game got 3.7m (English only).

England/Serbia: 711k on TSN. On the same Sunday, Jays got 617k and Sask/Ticats got 539k. 

France/Austria: 67k on TVA Sports. On same Monday, Jays got 64k on TVA Sports and Celtics/Mavs got 46k on RDS.

On US English tv, it is averaging 1.2m through Sunday. England/Serbia topped the ratings with 1.83m on FOX, the largest Euro group stage audience since Spain/Italy on ESPN in 2012 (2.11m). 

Edited by red card

26 minutes ago, red card said:

Some Canadian tv numbers for the Euros:

Italy/Albania: 565k on TSN. On the same Saturday, Jays got 527k, Lions/Stamps got 345k and Oilers game got 3.7m (English only).

England/Serbia: 711k on TSN. On the same Sunday, Jays got 617k and Sask/Ticats got 539k. 

France/Austria: 67k on TVA Sports. On same Monday, Jays got 64k on TVA Sports and Celtics/Mavs got 46k on RDS.

On US English tv, it is averaging 1.2m through Sunday. England/Serbia topped the ratings with 1.83m on FOX, the largest Euro group stage audience since Spain/Italy on ESPN in 2012 (2.11m). 

Always find these interesting.

No offence to baseball fans - was one as a kid - but boggles my mind that that many people still watch it here.

Glad the CFL gets numbers, though I haven't "done my part" for years. It was part of one my packages in England but obviously very late most of the time.   Got TSN for the first time and still.