CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

Just now, vancanman said:

Who's playing better than Tajon?   

Just about everyone?  I love Tajon but he has to go to the touchline hard.  Then, once he's established that threat, he start doing his cutbacks.  Right now he's doing it the wrong way around.   (Maybe the speedy defenders at Inter have him thinking cutback is the default?)  

Just now, Dominic94 said:

Think this is where Corbeanu and Millar on that wings with Davies and Buch at wing back would really opens up the wings, and have a holding mid at Center.

I know we don’t have Corbeanu called but yeah.

maybe JRR is needed ?

With this formation, you are adding two outside players and a holding mid.  That means, you are taking off three players.  Assuming Ugbo is one, which two of Eustaquio, Kone, David and Larin are you taking off?  There are only so many positions.

Just now, GasPed said:

Just about everyone?  I love Tajon but he has to go to the touchline hard.  Then, once he's established that threat, he start doing his cutbacks.  Right now he's doing it the wrong way around.   (Maybe the speedy defenders at Inter have him thinking cutback is the default?)  

I'm willing to agree to disagree.   I didn't see anyone do any better in the first half...(unless you include Crépeau).

3 minutes ago, costarg said:

I don't mean to panic, but this may very well be Biello's last 45min as a coach if he doesn't get it right. 

He's gotta make at least 2 if not 3 changes.  Remove 1-2 strikers, Johnston is on a yellow and seems too temperamental.

He's so bold with the callup, quite bold with the starters, but may not have the nerve to make the right decision in the 2nd half to solve the game. Depends on whether he thinks it'd be an admission of error, or if he understands the critical stage the game is in.

For me he's a mediocre coach and though there are details I like (David roaming in behind the two strikers), it is all a bit piecemeal.