CNL Play-In for Copa America: Canada vs Trinidad & Tobago - Saturday, March 23, 2024 - Frisco (greater Dallas), Texas

Just now, costarg said:

We already looked silly and unbalanced playing with 2 strikers, playing 3 strikers is just stoopid.  More strikers don't give you more goals, that's not how it works.

We seem to do the "too many cooks" think regularly and it doesn't work. Guys just start tripping over each other.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Forwards will miss chances. More often than they score, even the best ones. Comes with the territory. But Ugbo is invisible, doesn't even get into the positions to earn a chance.

They're all over each others feet.  Too many strikers out there.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

This is an awful contrast and will seriously affect my enjoyment of the game. Put a team in white for gods sakes!

Very happy to have been wrong about this.  Pleased to see them in white.

5 minutes ago, spitfire said:

My honest opinion you need a holding mid to allow kone and staq to get on the ball more to unlock the low block. The 3 up front isn’t working … I know it’s sounds counterintuitive but we need some stability in there… Tajon looks rusty…

That's why I said put in Piette, and take out Ugbo, as a start. 

More bodies in attack does not mean more chances, they are interfering with each other and end up drawing defenders to where our attackers are, taking away space we could attack. 

The real story is that inverted attacking wings are better, or at least one, as it opens up the channel for the fullback overlapping and means they are there for more than just end-line crossing.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Forwards will miss chances. More often than they score, even the best ones. Comes with the territory. But Ugbo is invisible, doesn't even get into the positions to earn a chance.

Every time someone mentions Ugbo, I think to myself, "Oh yea, I forgot he's playing."

Awful! That went as bad as it could have without conceding which we should have, everything I was concerned about is happening as if I scripted it, 45 minutes for coaches and players to turn this around, we have the potential obviously!

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

At a point these corners also fall down to poor coaching, 11 corners and 0 shots or adjustment.

I dont think the coach is telling them to  put it right into the keepers hands.  How many corners have gone right to the keeper???  The players need to execute better.  

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

It's just a big mess in general. 

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

At a point these corners also fall down to poor coaching, 11 corners and 0 shots or adjustment.

You've hit the nail on the head.  It's obviously not working, so we have to change something after eleven corners.

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Everyone slagging Tajon: watch how we are set up on the field. There are many plays with the ball on this near side, Tajon's side, and we have more players on the far, other side of the pitch. We are loaded overly to the left. Which also means that we end up throwing bodies into Davies side, instead of letting him do one-on-ones with space. 

But the story is that we are not shifing right in support, we are weighed left. 

Am I wrong?

Very little to do with that.

People are frustrated because he has had a number of looks at cross and even the net as has fluffed them all.